Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
This role is responsible for helping brands measure customer engagement and marketing impact across channels, and using insights to improve customer experience, engagement design, and marketing mix with a strong focus on digital. As a key member of the Consumer Marketing Center of Excellence (COE), the incumbent will be provided the opportunity to work cross-functionally across marketing campaigns and business initiatives.
- Support adoption of best practices and generation of insights from various data sources to enhance marketing effectiveness across all channels (website, TV, print, digital, in-office, in-pharmacy, social media)
- Support development and transformation of overall Consumer engagement analytics framework; drive and align on key performance indicators, taxonomy, capabilities (tagging, tracking) processes and dashboards for analytics and reporting activities
- Analyze data and provide actionable insights via visually compelling presentations to stakeholders
- Collaborate with IT to implement and enhance data capture across our digital ecosystem, to ensure high data quality
- Provide engagement analytics expertise: provide internal consultation and facilitate sharing of best practices
- Support integrated and cross channel data driven design & approach based upon customer preferences, engagement behaviors, and commerciall objectives
- Proactively identify opportunities to streamline and enhance analytics and reporting function by building automation into reports that are manually distributed
- Bachelor degree in Communications, Computer Science/Engineering, Marketing, Business Analytics, Statistics, Mathematics or Economics
- 3 years relevant work experience (customer engagement analytics)
- Knowledge and experience in web analytics, online marketing metrics and/or key performance metrics required
- Experience with marketing technology products such as Google Analytics, Adobe, Exact Target, Marin, Tealium, Omniture or Unica required
- Experience with processing and analyzing complex data sets, and interpreting them to make business decisions required
- Experience with paid media and social media platforms
- Experience with statistical modeling and data analysis methodologies
- Passion for learning new marketing technology tools and visualizing data outputs
- Experience with A/B and Multivariate testing
- Hands-on approach to work
- Self-motivated and takes initiative
- Strong organizational and time-management skills
- Communicates proactively and effectively
- Positive and upbeat demeanor
- Strong experience working effectively across teams
- Healthcare or pharmaceutical industry experience is a plus, but not required
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement