About the company
A career at the company offers opportunity, ownership and impact.
All over the world, the company colleagues work together to positively impact health for everyone, everywhere. Our colleagues have the opportunity to grow and develop a career that offers both individual and company success; be part of an ownership culture that values diversity and where all colleagues are energized and engaged; and the ability to impact the health and lives of millions of people. the company, a global leader in the biopharmaceutical industry, is continuously seeking top talent who are inspired by our purpose to innovate to bring therapies to patients that significantly improve their lives.
Sr. Material Scientist will be responsible for development, selection and processing of polymeric materials for new product development and on-market medical device and combination products. This position will apply the principals of Material Science in order to identify and characterize low cost, high performance materials with robust supply and manufacturability.
• Support the design and development of new products and trouble-shooting of on-market products
• Translate product Design Input, part functional, and part specification requirements into material selection characteristics to establish logical criteria for material selection
• Partner with suppliers to identify appropriate material grades or to develop custom blends/formulations/additives suitable for proposed product designs and processes
• Work closely with Design and Tooling Engineers to develop material processing parameters and processing limits relative to desired material characteristics and performance
• Identify technologies to improve materials processing, throughput, or quality. Identify lower cost, higher performance materials with improved supply chain assurance.
• Prepare and execute material characterization studies to define expected performance margin relative to design targets
• Utilizes Material Characterization tools such as FTIR, DSC, Melt flow and other rheological methods
• Serve as an SME in the course of material design, failure mode analysis, or root cause analysis.
• Master's Degree or higher in Polymer/Chemical Engineering, Material Science and Engineering
• 5 years of experience in medical device industry, specifically with plastics and rubbers
Physical requirements include walking, standing, and performing analysis including protocols and reports.
Other Information - Internal
Colleagues who are issued any type of progressive disciplinary action on or after January 1, 2016, are not eligible to post and compete for a position for a period of 12-months from the date disciplinary action is issued.
Legacy Hospira Grade 19
A little about us:
Join Pfizer in our mission to find sustainable solutions to the most urgent health care challenges of our time. Your service is needed.