With a nationwide sales team and several manufacturing locations, B. Braun Medical has become a leading full-line supplier of healthcare products and services in the U.S. The company is committed to delivering innovative products and services with unmatched quality, superior technology, and cost-effectiveness, while maintaining environmental responsibility. Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. B. Braun employs over 4,500 people in the USA. B. Braun Medical Inc. began its operations in the USA in 1957. Initially, the company manufactured and sold disposable plastic syringes. During the 1980s and early 1990s, the company undertook several expansions and enlarged its product line of disposable medical devices. With the acquisition of McGaw, Inc. in 1997, including Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc. (CAPS®), B. Braun dramatically broadened its product lines and services to U.S. customers.
U.S. Facilities and Operations:
Supporting product sales are a network of nationwide marketing and manufacturing locations. Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, is home to the U.S. Corporate Headquarters along with the marketing offices of the Hospital, Outpatient Markets (OPM), Renal Therapies, Vascular Interventional, International, and OEM Divisions. Central Admixture Pharmacy Services, Inc.(CAPS®) is also managed from this location. The nearby Allentown, Pennsylvania, facility manufactures Needle-free products, IV Safety Catheters, Anesthesia Systems, Introducers, Pharmacy Admixture products. Vascular products including Right Heart Catheters and Interventional Accessories are also manufactured in Allentown. The Irvine, California facility produces IV Solutions, Basic and Specialty Nutrition, Drug Delivery, and BTC products. Infusion Pump Systems are manufactured in Carrollton, Texas and IV administration and IV and Irrigation sets are produced in the Dominican Republic. Responsibilities Position Summary:
The Senior Medical System Architect will develop system architectures for medical devices including Pharmaceutical Compounders and Infusion Pumps. The Architect will work with development specifications and turn those specifications into a Medical system which consists of Electrical, Mechanical, Disposables, embedded Software, and server / cloud based applications. The Architect must explain architectural choices at a high enough level to be understood by non development teams as well as be able to explain deep technical details of the architecture to developers who will be implementing these architectures into tangible products. Responsibilities: Essential Duties
Expertise: Knowledge & Skills
- Develop architectures for Medical System
- Create and document the best hardware, software, mechanical, and disposable system architecture for Active Devices focusing on the safety and efficacy of the devices. (the first of which would be the ambulatory pump project that is just under way.)
- Guide each of the hardware, software, and disposable teams to ensure that the system architecture that has been defined is implemented in all aspects of Hardware, software, and disposable.
- Provide guidance to all of the engineering disciplines working on the projects when questions, issues, or discrepancies arise in translating the suggested system architecture into low level designs and provide guidance in the tradeoffs that occur in the design process.
- Lead the development teams to ensure that the intent of the architecture is followed to ensure the resulting product meets the requirements
- Maintain a strong understanding in the mechanics of peristaltic pumping mechanisms, the control of those systems, and the interaction of those pumping mechanisms with the disposables they interface with.
- Serve as an expert the testing and analysis of the interaction of different pieces of the medical systems and take these into account in the proposed architecture
- Stay abreast on cyber security techniques as they relate to the systems.
Qualifications Expertise: Qualifications - Experience/Training/Education/Etc Required:
- Working knowledge of statistical analysis
- Ability to quickly understand issues and determine solutions through multi-disciplinary judgment
- Understanding of development lifecycle, including revision control, change management and product support.
- Strong communication and technical writing skills.
- Strong organization and time management skills.
- Bachelor Degree in computer science / mechanical engineering / biomedical engineering or related field.
- Knowledge of software development and maintenance processes.
- Knowledge of mechanical drawing tools.
- Knowledge of statistical analysis tools.
- 10-15 years of system experience.
- 3-7 years of mechanical / biomedical experience as it relates to medical devices systems.
- Some business travel required.
- Understanding of documentation required for Medical devices.
- Knowledge of or background in software development, mechanical design, and disposables necessary.
- Medical device experience.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands to handle or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 20 pounds.
Braun offers an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, a 401(k) plan, and tuition reimbursement. To learn more about B. Braun and our safety healthcare products or view a listing of our employment opportunities, please visit us on the internet at www.bbraunusa.com Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities /Women/ Veterans/Disabled.
Through its "Sharing Expertise®" initiative, B. Braun promotes best practices for continuous improvement of healthcare products and services. Other Responsibilities: Other Duties:
The preceding functions have been provided as examples of the types of work performed by employees assigned to this position. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed in this description are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Management reserves the right to add, modify, change or rescind the work assignments of different positions due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons. Physical Demands:
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Work Environment:
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
One of the world's leading healthcare suppliers.