Oracle's Public Cloud - Network Virtualization Team
Oracle is building from scratch Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS) Public Cloud, and is looking for exceptional engineers to join our Network Services Group in Santa Clara.
The network services team is building out a massive-scale virtualized network, and you'll be part of a team that builds out next generation infrastructure, customer features and high-performance overlay. This team will be building one of the single most critical features for the public cloud, and you can be certain that every customer packet will be touching your code.
We have engineering work at every layer of the stack, from REST APIs to the OS kernel, and are looking for teammates who are interested in touching every layer. We are generalists who work in the big picture, but obsess over the dirtiest details, who lead and are lead by each other every day.
• 5 years delivering and operating in production large scale, highly available distributed systems
• Strong knowledge of C, C or Java, Python, and Ruby
• Strong Objected Oriented Design skills
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, operating systems and distributed systems fundamentals
• Working familiarity with most network layers (L2-L7) and application protocols (TCP/IP, HTTP)
• Experience building multi-tenant, virtualized infrastructure a strong plus
• Experience with SDN and Network Virtualization technologies a strong plus (Open vSwitch, VxLAN, DPDK, NFV)
• Strong troubleshooting and performance tuning skills
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.