O racle Public Cloud Group (Santa Clara, CA )
You are passionate about building large scale distributed infrastructures for the Cloud . You are the type of problem solver which every team wishes they had. You can grasp, solve complex problems and deliver excellent implementations for production. We are a small and relatively new team building the next big thing for Oracle Public Cloud. This is a great opportunity to be part of a paradigm shift within a high visibility group here at Oracle. Help us by being on the ground level of this exciting opportunity.
The Oracle Public Cloud Compute Group develops the Compute solution running all public cloud services within Oracle.
We are looking for Software engineer who will have an impact on the software architecture and development for major components of the Public Cloud Compute Services. Our product roadmap is an incredibly fun ride if you enjoy challenging problems. You must value simplicity, lightness, and streamlining to be a successful developer for this team. You must have experience with distributed systems that scale well and have participated on teams that have had a collaborative approach to systems architecture as well a high bar for quality and performance.
• 6 years delivering and operating in production large scale, highly available distributed systems
• BS in Computer Science with 6 years of relevant industry experience
• Experience with XEN based virtualization stack such as OpenStack Nova, CloudStack or equivalent virtualization technology such as KVM, HyperV, VSphere etc.
• Experience with XEN hypervisor, XEN tools and library. Knowledge of XEN architecture.
• Advantage - Experience of working/maintaining XEN source code.
• Advantage - Contributor to XEN open source project.
• Related work area - Experience with performance tuning/measurement and deployment of Linux/XEN based systems.
• Skills - C, Unix/Linux internals, Python/Java, Shell scripting.
• Expertise in debugging scale and performance issues
• Excellent communication skills and ability to work in a team
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
A little about us:
Oracle is shifting the complexity from IT, moving it out of the enterprise by engineering hardware and software to work together—in the cloud.