Under general supervision of the Director of Accounts Receivable, oversee collection department & customer accounts to ensure proper collection of account with respect to Credit and Collections Policy. Provides leadership to the Accounts Receivable team and strong relations with all stakeholders in the company as it relates to Accounts Receivable activity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provide leadership, training and HR related activity to the Accounts Receivable Managers & lead team.
2. Responsible for associate relations functions including hiring, performance management, development, training and terminating.
3. Monitors the activities of the Accounts Receivable team to ensure proper and consistent compliance with company credit and collection policies and procedures. Assures team is delivering the highest level of customer service and professionalism to internal/external customers.
4. Ensures the integrity and accuracy of the Accounts Receivable department through regular oversight and review of activity and work product.
5. Provides Bad Debt expense forecast plus report on all bad debt via monthly reporting and month end reporting for the Accounts Receivable.
6. Responsible for conducting monthly, mid-year and annual reviews of Accounts Receivable managers.
7. Manages workflow and assist in coaching in an effort to achieve assigned goals and objectives.
8. Works closely with various departments to ensure customers' expectations and departmental goals are met.
9. Participates in financial and operational audits, as required.
10. Participate in customer visits and meetings as needed;
11. Generates ad hoc analysis reports as needed.
12. Performs related duties as assigned.
EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year bachelor's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires minimum of 8 years of progressively, related commercial (specifically business to business) experience, leading large teams and leading leaders; wholesale or pharmaceutical industry experience a plus; SAP knowledge a plus
MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
1. Knowledge of various financial management areas such as accounts receivable principles, credit and collection principles, uniform commercial code, business law, plan development, productivity and profitability analysis.
2. Understanding of credit and collection policies, philosophy, goals and objectives in order to affect financial oversight in protecting the company's assets.
3. Knowledge of business to business collections.
4. Strong collaboration skills
5. Demonstrated ability to focus and make effective decisions
6. Strong leadership skills.
7. Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
8. Strong interpersonal skills.
9. Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
10. Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
11. Ability to follow and interpret business financial statements.
12. Ability to implement processes resulting in satisfactory audit practices.
13. Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.