At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
Direct and manage strategic corporate relations program, which include the following activities: corporate contributions, civic sponsorships, employee volunteer program, event management, sports facilities, employee giving campaign, executive board placements, and non-profit fundraising. Monitor and evaluate corporate relations activities to ensure they support the overall business goals, objectives and brand. Direct and manage staff to accomplish the activities while developing an environment that promotes diversity, high productivity and professional development.
Position may be required to work extended hours, including 24 x 7 coverage during storms or other energy delivery emergencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Direct and manage the Corporate Relations activities in Washington DC region and coordinate with Pepco Corporate Relation staff in the successful completion of the department goals and objectives while remaining within budget
2. Integrate corporate relations strategy and activities into internal communications, public relations and marketing plans and position the company and support the brand. Relate community involvement initiatives to sponsorship impacts.
3. Recommend and implement corporate giving policies and programs that are aligned with the company that compliments and enhances business objectives. 4. Counsel grantees and structure grants to fully maximize and leverage dollars for the organization. Notify and administer process of communicating disposition of grant requests. Monitor approved grants to ensure compliance with terms of grants as well as effectiveness. Develop strategies for measuring and evaluating program outcomes. Develop and monitor metrics to measure the effectiveness of corporate relations initiatives
5. Represent the company’s philanthropic initiatives externally and internally to key stakeholders including the media, customers, civic community, other companies, government officials, foundations, professional associations of grant makers, and others. Regularly interface with executives, other departments, business units, and non-profit community organizations to demonstrate the value of Corporate Relations by managing sponsorships, community and corporate events, the employee giving campaign, and other projects and promotions. Consult with senior management on corporate relations strategies, prepare and present reports on department activities.
6. Research current issues and trends in corporate citizenship and emulate and adapt “world-class” practices through benchmarking techniques. Develop strategies and techniques for conducting company and community assessments to establish giving priorities that meet community needs and support company’s business objectives
7. Develop and monitor the Corporate Relations budget to ensure the most effective use of company resources.
8. Coorindate and manage the Exelon suite at Nationals Park
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Administration, Communications or equivalent
• Graduate degree or graduate level work in Business or Communications preferred
• At least 10 years of related experience corporate relations, public relations, communications, advertising, media relations and/or certification in Public Affairs and in handling community
DISCLAIMER The preceding position description is intended to provide the general nature and level of work to be performed by employees within this classification. It is not intended to be a detailed description of the position or a comprehensive listing of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this position, nor is it intended to indicate the exact amounts of time an individual will perform various position duties.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Exelon believes in hiring men and women who've served in the military: they exemplify the leadership, teamwork, integrity, and commitment to excellence we need. Exelon attends military recruiting fairs with members of E-MAC (Exelon - Militaries Actively Connected), our employee resource group that supports veteran employees. We advertise in military publications, and partner with Transition Assistance Program (TAP) offices.
To learn more about where your skills in the military can be applied at Exelon, visit our military careers site.
Not ready to apply? Follow Exelon on LinkedIn to stay informed on our jobs and company news.