Job Description - Norton Cloud Services Development Manager - Norton Backup
The Norton Cloud Services team provides the backend services that power our Norton applications. We currently serve over 100 million customers via our direct Norton-branded consumer products and partnerships. We are working on some very interesting challenges and are looking for passionate technologists to join our team. Successful candidates will work in a dynamic team environment on cloud-based services and products.
The Norton Backup team, part of the Norton Cloud Services team, is looking for talented technical managers to help lead the way forward as we move off of a legacy platform and prepare our new system for very high growth. In this role you will directly manage engineers across one or more scrum teams and will build and maintain a high performing organization. You and your team will focus on meeting our goal to protect our customers' data by scaling our system and leveraging in field telemetry to improve the customer experience. You can take pride in knowing your work will be seen by and provide real value to millions of customers.
Consumers desire solid products and services that work. Our goal is to build software that exceeds customers' expectations and is the gold standard in a worldwide marketplace. We are looking for other like-minded passionate leaders. If you are a seasoned technology leader who is obsessed with continuous delivery, has a track record of inspiring teams, and is passionate about technology, people, and products, then the Norton Cloud Services team is for you. Responsibilities
- Build A High Performing Team: Ensure we hire the right people and focus on growing our team members' potential and career aspirations. Focus on removing road blocks and improving inefficient processes.
- Understand Our Products: Learn our company, learn and use our products. Evangelize to our teams. Have the business knowledge to help decide proper direction and help Norton win.
- Ensure Quality Code and Systems: Install the right processes and culture so that we have high confidence in our engineering efforts. Drive our team to ensure we have strict focus on test automation for our use cases.
- Manage Budget and Costs: Manage your team's budget. Be conscious of cost when making decisions.
- Assist Managing Our Backlog: Work with our product owners so that the right work is prepared for our team at the right time.
- Provide Technical Direction: Collaborate with our architects to provide technical guidance to make sure we are using the right technologies and platforms. Continuously learn about trends in the market that our team and products can leverage.
- Guide Our Deployment Pipeline: Focus on improving our automated build/test/deploy methods to increase efficiency and quality.
- Communicate Effectively: Write well and speak well. Feel comfortable addressing or representing your team or presenting to senior leadership.
- Build Relationships: Build a system of respect and support from peers and other teams to elevate your brand and the brand of your team. Support other teams' success and demand the same.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or demonstrated equivalent
- 3+ years technical management experience
- 3+ years of Java and/or C++ development experience
- Strong Computer Science background knowledge, particularly highly scaled software/architecture
- Experience managing agile teams
- Ability to dive deep into problems when necessary
- Experience building/maintaining development pipelines and continuous integration/deployment
- Experience managing projects leveraging NoSQL data stores
- Background in software security
- Experience with backup / restore products
- Excellent grasp of technical trends in the marketplace; Able to act as a visionary for our technology
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.