• Develop/Maintain a Service strategy to accelerate shift to Service Led Organization.
• Drive on-boarding and off-boarding strategy in support of Symantec's continual M&A growth.
• Engage with cross-functional teams to prioritize and integrate process development and maturation, ensuring that Services are utilized at the appropriate level and road mapped to attain the next level of Service Maturity.
• Lead, facilitate and educate service owners and teams on continuous improvement opportunities.
• Accountable for ITSM process governance, strategic planning / road mapping and support functions.
• Responsible for Service Measurement & Continuous Improvement including: Driving down TCO, Enhancing performance to SLAs, Reducing Risk, Increasing Leverage and supporting overall User Experience
• Ensure a smooth quarterly Service Review process and cadence.
• Accountable for the Service Level Management engine and maturing the SLAs for incident, problem, change and request.
• Manage the Service stability scorecard and provide Subject matter expertise on metrics governance.
• Responsible for service offering prioritization & roadmap, including: new capabilities and enhancements.
• Ensure that the Service Portfolio, Application Portfolio, Service Catalog are managed and maintained with the highest degree of accuracy, and ensure that audits are performed on a regular basis.
• Accountable for the quality of service metric reporting by the team and other service owners and sharing metrics with other IT and business managers to improve these metrics.
• Responsible for data retrieval, analysis and the generation of future service delivery metric reports to support industry service quality and cost benchmarking.
• Develops a high performing internal IT team that executes well and provide thought leadership in the ITSM arena.
• 10 - 15 years of experience in increasing levels of responsibility managing applications development / delivery, process improvement for a company that drives part/all of their growth strategy through acquisition.
• 10+ years of experience managing complex projects.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science or business. MBA or Masters in Information Technology (Preferred)
• Ability to shape a strategic vision, drive execution and lead change.
• Project Management certification (Preferred).
• Demonstrated strong service management experience/knowledge in implementing and managing key ITIL framework areas
• Positive influencing skills both verbally and through the preparation of written materials in order to build relationships, influence and negotiate.
• Ability to deliver presentations to executive leadership.
• Outstanding leadership and motivational skills to ensure that technology solutions continuously meet the evolving needs of the business.
• Demonstrated ability to build bench strength and to delegate authority.
• Motivated by the long term. Results driven, ensuring short-term goals are achieved that support long-term initiatives with an appropriate sense of urgency.
• Ability to influence personnel that are not within their direct organization matrix.
• Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple, concurrent initiatives and drive projects to completion.
• Excellent communication skills and the ability to effectively interact with other teams across the organization.
• Ability to work effectively and achieve results across functional areas in a work environment with a high rate of change.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.