The Senior Manager, Knowledge Management is accountable for supervising a team of writers responsible for authoring and curating enterprise knowledge content. The Senior Manager, Knowledge Management also acts as an individual contributor, providing targeted specialized support in one or more of the following capabilities: knowledge content services, knowledge management tool administrative support, communications or technical writing. He or she ensures the quality of knowledge content and compliance with performance goals. The Senior Manager, Knowledge Management also supports the collection, analysis and reporting of team metrics, recommends improvements and coaches staff members.
This position can be based in either St. Louis, MO or Charlotte, NCMAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Work closely with L&D Analytics and Insights analysts to understand and interpret reports – proactively review staffing data for assigned population and coordinate action where appropriate in response to trends, forecast, and opportunities for improvement, and areas of concern.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS Skills/Abilities and Knowledge
- Advise Service Managers and Learning Experience Architects on how best to navigate and engage in the resource management processes, and make recommendations for improved outcomes. Resolve staffing conflicts to the satisfaction of all parties, which may include identifying creative staffing alternatives and negotiating with peers and leadership.
- Maintain detailed knowledge of the L&D specialized resource profiles and job descriptions and advise leadership to initiate changes if required to increase performance quality. Maintain knowledge of relevant knowledge/content services /technical writing and recommend appropriate and relevant training to support staff professional development.
Required Work Experience Number of Years
- Experience delivering the following capabilities: knowledge content services, knowledge management tool admin support (Oracle KM, Kana or similar enterprise knowledge management system), communications, or technical writing.
- Demonstrated ability to educate, communicate, negotiate, and influence with all levels of management to produce required outcomes.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, organize, and assign staff effectively in order to manage multiple initiatives to meet deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to creatively solve problems while working under pressure.
- Ability to show good judgment, take initiative, and make decisions to accomplish job duties
- Demonstrate an ability to work closely with peers to ensure successful learning and business outcomes.
- Experience delivering one or more of the following capabilities: knowledge content services, knowledge management tool admin support (Oracle KM, Kana or similar enterprise knowledge management system), communications, or technical writing.
- Driven, focused, and highly data-oriented; the candidate must drive towards the L&D performance outcomes, but also must recognize when the plan needs to be adapted.
Knowledge/Content Management experience 5+
Front-line management experience 2+Education
Bachelor’s degree in Instructional Design, Adult Learning, Knowledge/Content Management, Business Management, Project Management/Program Management, Sales, Operations, or Communications or equivalent experience/certifications in multiple L&D disciplinesWORKING CONDITIONS
Travel as required
A little about us:
Spectrum is the nation’s fastest growing TV, internet and voice company. We’re committed to integrating the highest quality service with superior entertainment and communications products.