Kronos is the global leader in workforce management solutions that enable organizations to control labor costs, minimize compliance risk, and improve workforce productivity. Tens of thousands of organizations in 100 countries - including more than half the Fortune 1000 - use Kronos time and attendance, scheduling, absence management, HR and payroll, hiring, and labor analytics applications. Kronos customers include enterprises large and small across diverse industries worldwide including retail, hospitality, healthcare, manufacturing, public sector, services, and distribution.
Kronos is a privately held company and was founded in 1977. Headquartered in Chelmsford, Massachusetts, Kronos employs more than 4,000 people worldwide.
Kronos is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and is committed to maintaining a diverse and inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, age, or veteran status or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law.
The Senior Manager, Performance Engineering for Workforce Solutions will be responsible for planning, implementing and review of the Performance Tests for the entire group including Analytics, Workforce Scheduling, TimeKeeping and HMRS. In addition they will be responsible for the following:Responsibilities:
- Managing a team of global resouces with members minimally in the United States and India with possiblity of additional staff in Montreal.
- Working with Senior Manager of QA and Directors of Engineering to develop and maintain a set of performance criteria for all development projects
- Including a set of general usage characteristics for which all new functions must adhere before acceptance
- Including a regression set of tests and standards which must be passed before each subsequent release
- Communicating with the individual development and QA teams to priortize and resolve issues in a timely manner
- Continuously monitor the results of performance issues are the arise from the field as well as internally found items
- Proactively update and document best practices not just for the application but the underlying platform for the solutions under test and detect any changes arising from new or modified functionality
- Providing suggestions for improvement in Development or Testing practices to lead to increased performance of the suite
- Review development designs and requirements to inform the appropriate parties of potential performance implications of the new enhancements
- Work with the Product Management teams to understand customer performance expectations and to set testing criteria to meet or achieve these standards as future versions are released.
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field is required
- 15+ years of Experience in Software Development / Testing
- 5+ years experience in Performance Testing including load testing and analysis
- Experience with multiple Database management systems preferrably both Oracle and SQL server
- Experience in testing browser and servers side performance including profiling tools
- Demonstrated ability to manage a cross geographical team
- Demonstrated ability to communicate and define best practices for performance
A little about us:
At Kronos, we believe great businesses are powered by great people.