Founded in 1982 by visionary computer scientists, Symantec is a global leader in helping consumers and organizations secure and manage their information-driven world. Our software and services protect against more risks at more points, more completely and efficiently, enabling confidence wherever information is used or stored.
The Website Security business unit provides industry-leading SSL/TLS, certificate management, vulnerability assessment, and malware scanning. The Norton Secured Seal and Symantec Seal-in-Search assure customers they are safe to search, browse, interact, and buy. Our mission is to bring promise to the digital world - where digital interactions are safe and people can trust websites and applications - by providing our customers with industry-leading innovation, delivery, and advice.
- Deliver best in class PKI technology solutions including SSL/TLS certificates by driving a forward looking roadmap
- Understand product markets really well including industry requirements, standards, identification of potential new technologies, best practices, and the overall TLS ecosystem including browsers and other TLS clients
- Closely follow industry discussions including those happening on CAB/Forum, Mozilla dev security group, and other related to TLS security to understand current issues, available solutions and incorporate those on roadmap where appropriate
- Champion better security practices for TLS products including stronger algorithms and key sizes, configurations supporting security and privacy
- Demonstrate ownership and accountability for own product roadmaps; identifying customer pain points - converting them into user stories - prioritizing them in sequence for scrum teams for own product/service
- Set the vision for owned products and drive end-to-end execution with cross-functional teams
- Provide thought-leadership in identifying and prioritizing product features in responsible areas
- Provide operational direction to the cross-functional team (such as marketing, engineering, customer support, etc.) on a day-to-day basis, defining the critical priorities for the teams
- Lead the specific product/service releases in collaboration with marketing, sales and engineering counterparts
- Communicate issues and seek support in a timely manner to eliminate roadblocks and drive collaboration, speed, innovation, excellence and a fun work environment
- Contribute actively to innovation. Drive the development of business cases for concepts that warrant investment potential related to own product/service or transformation of existing products/service
To be considered for this role, you must have prior product management experience
- BS/BA in computer science, business or related discipline. Minimum 8 years of overall experience
- At least 4+ years of management experience related to a product management context technology companies
- Experience and good knowledge of PKI technologies including SSL/TLS is a must.
- Passion for technology and good understanding of current technology landscape and issues
- Good executive presence and leadership skills. Self-starter with a deep passion and motivation to drive growth in existing and new products
- Ownership and "can do" attitude with the passion to own and drive execution. Proven track record of launching great products working with large cross-functional and geographically distributed teams
- Well-versed with the product management lifecycle from concept to launch and beyond, agile/scrum experience is preferred
- Excellent communication skills and ability to synthesize and articulate complex concepts. Ability to create compelling creative story-telling
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.