Sr. Manager, Product Marketing
You are a fully dedicated business leader, passionate about helping Small- and Medium-sized Businesses (SMBs) safeguard their businesses from cybercrime. As the product marketing manager leading SMB go-to-market strategy for Symantec's Website Security division, you take part in a complete marketing experience as you lead each facet of the solution's journey to market. From defining positioning, naming, competitive analysis, sales enablement, and external messaging and a point of view, you help shape the voice of the offering and help it grow a loyal consumer base. This means you work with a cross-functional team across sales, marketing programs, PR, legal, webmasters, product management, engineering and more. In this role, you'll be involved with solution marketing strategy from beginning to end.
A credible online presence is a basic necessity for businesses of all sizes. However, most SMBs don't adequately secure their websites and online applications, due to lack of awareness of cyber threats, risk of attack and costs of a breach. The Product Marketing team within the Website Security division is passionate about ensuring that we reach our customers at the right time with the right message in order for them to safeguard and grow their business. Whether you are dealing with a new customer that is just learning about cyber threats, or a more seasoned customer that wants to harness the business benefits of website security, you will work with the team to create targeted and personalized experiences.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
• Management consulting, corporate strategy, investment banking, strategic marketing experience or other profiles that have a mix of analytics and strategic thinking. Experience in marketing, product marketing or product management.
• MBA in a related field.
• Experience - and the ability to find joy - in collaborating cross functionally and building consensus amongst multiple stakeholders.
• Ability to think strategically, execute effectively, and deliver high quality work against tight deadlines.
• Distinctive problem-solving, strategic and analytical capabilities. Demonstrated capacity to roll out solutions and strategies to reach SMBs.
• High internal locus of control and desire to make big impact
• A passion for cyber security and building new solutions and businesses.
• Skilled communicator with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
At Symantec, you’ll prosper at one of the world’s largest software companies, while helping protect the world’s digital information and interactions.