The Manager, Fuels Program Management is a direct leader of a team of Program Managers that manage complex and / or low to mid-risk programs. This role provides leadership and consultation to program management and staff in matters related to intradepartmental communication, understanding of overall departmental goals and objectives, and individual roles and responsibilities in this regard. Defines and implements personal development initiatives for team members in accordance with the program management vision. Assumes primary responsibility for program leadership, commitment to program success, and building solid business relationships. Successfully manage programs within program schedule and budget while being a recognized leader in analyzing/managing risk and establishing associated contingencies, including trigger events. Collaborate with a wide variety of functional areas inside and outside the organization to develop and provide product definitions responsive to customer needs and market opportunities. Lead Programs team during new business pursuits and coordinates with Business Development to establish cost, content and schedule for new opportunities and scope changes. Plan, organize and control assigned activity from conceptual to final stages of product life cycle to optimize profit and meet growth objectives. Interprets, executes and establishes operating policies and processes and participates in establishing and administering many division wide initiatives. Creates policy deployment objectives and initiatives for policy deployment for their organization. Coordinate management and technical decisions, while effectively arbitrating and resolving problems associated with both new and existing products and projects. Provides leadership to program team for Lean Techniques. Assist in development of internal strategic plans. Interprets, executes and manages company-wide division/unit- wide modifications to policies and procedures.
- Ensure successful execution of development aspects for all programs under PM leadership
- Manage customer changes for all development activity, including programs with no assigned PM
- Ensure technology, production and service readiness for all programs
- Ensure UPI and Passport compliance for all programs under PM guidance
- Monitors implementation of business cases across all programs
- Define objectives for Program Management function
- Ensures Program Managers receive support to manage program risks
- Facilitate collaboration, when necessary, for customer change management with other functions
- Review and approve schedule, cost and resource plan inputs for new business pursuits
- Program reviews
- Implemented business cases
- Scope management
- Passport gates
- Design to cost
- 5-7+ years program management experience
- Supervision experience highly preferred.
- Program management experience
- Ability to analyze and act to mitigate risk
Ability to implement, track, and manage cost controls to meet negotiated cost reduction objectives.
- Ability to manage within a matrixed, cross-functional team to achieve desired schedule, cost, and quality targets.
- Strategic leadership and execution
- Ability to communicate with all levels of the organization
BA/BS degree w/10+ years experience
MA/MS degree w/7+ years experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
A little about us:
Every second a plane takes off with UTC Aerospace Systems