Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 22,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. Position Description:
The Sr Mgr, Sales Leader Development will be responsible for developing Mgr, Inside Sales leader capabilities, ensuring successful execution and implementation of the sales management process and performance management, and coordinating continuous improvement of the sales management process and performance management over time. This will include developing and leading high frequency coaching conversations and program development for Mgr, Inside Sales; coaching and programs will drive consistent sales execution. Additionally, the role will be responsible for creating coaching and training programs for managers, identifying and removing barriers, leading contract management, driving hiring and staffing initiatives, leading root cause analysis, partnering on HR issue resolution, leading onsite supplier relations, creating huddle content, and driving rewards and recognition initiatives. The role will work proactively with the RSVP to ensure consistent execution of sales and sales Management process across sales centers. The role is accountable for 7-11 Mgr, Inside Sales covering approximately 450k medium customers.
The Sr Mgr, Sales Leader Development will also have a heavy focus on bench development for Mgr, Inside Sales and the Inside Sales Associate to reduce the time to hire.
- Develop and lead coaching programs and conversations for all Mgr, Inside Sales. Coaching programs directly affect sales execution in order to generate revenue and leadership effectiveness; the role will ensure a consistent manager approach on reinforcing selling skills and addressing performance gaps.
- Identify trends or issues with sellers, customers, financials, and metrics; propose solutions to RSVP to address the trends or issues.
- Responsible for standard process integration/communication, consistent deployment, and measurement with the Mgr, Inside Sales.
- Assess, align, plan, and act on Inside Sales Associate performance challenges with leadership team and RSVP.
- Work cross-functionally between various departments to help measure, analyze, and enhance the performance of revenue generation activities.
- Accountable for coaching up to 7-11 Mgr, Inside Sales in order to exceed revenue and profitability goals.
- Demonstrate sales ability, models sales process, and effectively executes medium customer value proposition and offer.
- Lead team huddles with Mgr, Inside Sales.
- Provide input to the RSVP on Mgr, Inside Sales performance for inclusion in formal performance reviews.
- Identify HR issues and partner with HR to resolve.
- Collaborate with internal partners such as sales trainers, contact centers, marketing, offer development and sales support to provide feedback to remove barriers and accelerate growth.
- Champion change with Mgr, Inside Sales to improve adoption.
- Lead interviewing efforts for Mgr, Inside Sales and Inside Sales Associates to ensure a strong bench.
- Lead the reward and recognition team to motivate sellers.
- Understands local market conditions, customer segments, competition, environment and customer needs.
- This role will report directly to the RSVP, Inside Sales.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of sales experience in a B2B solution-based selling environment.
- Inside sales leadership experience required.
- Strong track record of developing people to take on more responsibility. Demonstrated experience coaching for success
- Results orientation with strong track record of success in previous roles.
- Strong strategic planning, problem solving, quantitative analysis, time management and organization skills.
- Understand financial reporting.
- An assertive personality, high energy level, resilient character, and ability to lead change.
- Exceptional communication skills with ability to lead Managers and positively influence Grainger customers.
- Competence with computer software and a CRM.
- Preferred candidates will have an Undergraduate Degree.
Candidates for this role will demonstrate the following competencies:
- Tactical Coach - Ability to quickly uncover Manager strengths and gaps and appropriately coach to those respective areas. Coaching consistently to the Medium Customer sales process and value proposition. Viewed as expert in selling techniques and how to coach sellers.
- Accountability - Holds Mgr, Inside Sales accountable for high activity measurements, profitable revenue growth and consistent offer execution. Comfortable having candid coaching conversations.
- Time Management - Ability to organize and prioritize workload.
- Visible and Motivating- Is physically present to the team. Keeps seller highly engaged, productive, competitive and motivated and leads by examples.
- Creative - Ability to develop new ideas to support continuous improvement of the inside sales team.
- Energizing - Creates healthy competition among leaders and sellers through contests and use of gamification. Develops recommendations for rewards and recognition programs.
- Communication - Ability to flex style to effectively communicate to both inside sellers, managers, and to leaders on business needs, resources, challenges, and successes.
- Change Management - Anticipates change, plans for change, and leads others through change.
- Change Champion - Sees change as a positive and helps seller process and move up the change curve to full ownership within appropriate timeframes.
- Agility - Ability to learn, apply and coach team members in areas such as sales skills, value proposition, technology, productivity tools, etc.
- Messaging - Understands key messages that need to be delivered to the team and ability to communicate those messages in a clear, concise and consistent manner. Ability to articulate Grainger's strategic vision and how the Medium Customer team contributes to the long term success of Grainger.
The Sr Mgr, Sales Leader Development directly impacts the success of Grainger sellers through coaching, training, obstacle removal, and Rewards/Recognition. The Sr Mgr, Sales Leader Development has direct impact on $300 Million in Grainger revenue. They also contribute significantly to the onboarding, ramp up, engagement and retention of up to 150 team members.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.