What you’ll be doing...
The Finance Organization
At Verizon, we are building a world-class Treasury Cash Management and Financing execution team. We have begun a comprehensive program to streamline processes, enhance systems, realign the organization and add opportunities for personal skill-building and professional growth. We’re finding new ways to add value and provide strategic support. This is the kind of work we do.
Corporate Treasury Team
Move beyond compiling data and help provide value added ideas to improve execution of capital markets transactions and cash management processes. The Treasury positions offer opportunities to drive better business partnering and insights, while growing your leadership and interpersonal skills. You are considered a business partner and your contributions will make a difference. You’ll become involved in, but not limited to, initiating cash transactions, leveraging Treasury/Banking products and safeguarding corporate cash. You can have an impact on new business opportunities by assisting in bank account integration and legal entity rationalization.
- Responsible for ensuring cash management is performed in accordance with the rules and regulations of each country whether domestic US or international
- Manage, consolidate and align bank accounts and cash pool structures for domestic US and/or international.
- For international bank accounts, work with local finance teams to ensure accurate cash forecast, cash is available as required and payments are made timely and accurately
- Maintain accurate records for banks, company cash pools and general ledgers in the Treasury Workstation.
- Support the daily and monthly close process.
- Implement current day target balance process on daily bank accounts where possible.
- Communicate with stakeholders in a clear and concise manner.
- Oversee execution/approval of accurate and timely transfer of cash payments and collections of receipts.
- Maintain accurate funds, draws, 3rd party wire instructions and ACH data in Treasury Workstation and various bank modules.
- Ensure daily reconciliations are performed and daily cash positioning is completed to obtain sufficient and reasonable bank balances.
- Ensure team tests disaster recovery plans.
- Ensure coverage of all daily cash management/positive pay functions for team members when they are out of the office.
- Guide the overall strategic and tactical direction for the team.
- Ensure the team successfully executes on daily cash management functions and provide guidance on optimizing cash balances.
- Partner with Center of Excellence to establish service level agreements and drive continuous improvements.
- Manage the team employee life cycle processes (Recruiting, Performance, Development, Career and Compensation).
- Complete performance agreements and reviews for staff.
- Present and communicate to all levels of the business.
What we’re looking for...
You'll need to have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Economics or equivalent work experience
- Six or more years of relevant experience with a strong management background.
- Experience with Google Suite and/or Microsoft Office Suite with proven focus on spreadsheet and presentation applications.
Even better if you have:
- A Master's in Business Administration, Accounting, Finance, or Economics.
- A professional certification (e.g. CTP, CPA, CMA).
- High degree of Treasury industry knowledge and banking products.
- Strong strategic skills, with the ability to identify and assess key points, implications and recommendations.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to focus on the details.
- Demonstrated experience in continuous improvement initiatives, root cause analysis and project management.
- Experience with Advanced Visualization tools (e.g., Tableau, Qlik, etc.)
- Experience deploying and adapting to new and emerging tools (e.g., robotic process automation, natural language generation, etc.)
- Skilled at integrating internal and external information and turning findings or raw data into meaningful information
- Proficiency with statistical or scientific software packages (R/SPLUS, Mathematica, MATLAB, or similar)
- In depth knowledge of Treasury Workstations.
- Proven ability to lead and motivate a team.
When you join Verizon...
You’ll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America’s fastest and most reliable network, we’re leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we’re about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences, regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or Veteran status. Different makes us better.
A little about us:
Verizon is one of the largest communication technology companies in the world.