The US Cellular Middleware Services team needs you. Come join a highly motivated, success driven team in our efforts to support critical infrastructure services for a top notch cellular telecommunications company.
Our team supports and manages several technologies including Oracle Middleware/SOA, DataPower XML/API gateways, Oracle WebCenter Sites content management, and a growing Hadoop ecosystem to drive business results. Responsible for ensuring over 70 million transactions per month through our systems, your technical skills will help to design, build, and support critical business services need in today’s business environment. With a mixture of project and operational work there are plenty of opportunities to leverage technical and softskills to drive a positive impact through direct contribution as well as teaching and mentoring fellow teammates.
See what makes US Cellular a great and rewarding place to work!
The Sr. Middleware Engineer supports the systems responsible for application delivery within the Infrastructure. Additionally, the role handles requests for new or updated services and applications and troubleshoots and remediates incidents and problems within the Middleware technical domain. The Sr. Middleware Engineer will participate as part of a technical team responsible for the overall support and management of the Middleware domain and participate on projects in which they are required to with cross functional teams in pursuit of a common goal as well. There will be an expectation that the Sr. Middleware Engineer lead cross functional teams in support of initiatives or issue resolution. Lastly, the role will also be responsible for creating clear documentation usable by other team members and teams.
Essential Duties and Key Responsibilities
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, and deploy applications in an enterprise middleware (WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss, tomcat, Node.js, etc.) environment
- Partner with Engineers, Administrators, Architects, Developers and Project Managers to plan and implement applications to support business requirements.
- Lead cross functional teams in support of initiatives.
- Develop and implement Security strategies within technology space to ensure a secure middleware environment.
- Create and document detailed technical designs for use within delivery of projects.
- Utilize best practices and provide recommendations to improve application and system performance.
- Define, track and maintain system configuration documents and standards.
- Responsible for providing 24/7 on-call coverage on a rotating basis.
- Ideal experience would be someone with 6+ years of Middleware Engineering / Administration experience with WebLogic (Oracle Fusion Middleware (OFM), Oracle WebLogic, Oracle Service Bus (OSB), WebLogic) with possibly some experience with JBOSS, Node JS or Tomcat.
- As a plus to the above ideal experience, some experience with Hadoop from an Infrastructure Administration perspective as they will be supporting Hadoop infrastructure in this role but they will not be performing data driven types of administration on Hadoop. This is a plus to this role coming in but the candidate would need to be open to this as they will be trained in this area.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer/Engineering field or equivalent required.
- 6+ years of experience working with Enterprise-level Java application delivery systems (WebLogic, JBOSS, Tomcat, and Node.JS etc.) required.
- 6+ years of experience supporting web based delivery systems (Apache, IIS) required.
- 2+ years of experience designing and supporting Web Services Standards and Technologies (XML, SOAP, WSDL, XSD, DDI, REST, etc.)
- 2+ Years of experience supporting IBM DataPower XML/WAF Gateways (or similar services)
- Experience designing infrastructure and supporting applications in a Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) environment
- The ability to understand and construct firewall rules that securely enable the delivery of applications.
- Experience developing and implementing Role-Based Security Models for middleware environments including integration with enterprise Identity Management services (LDAP) providers.
- Experience designing and supporting Cloudera Hadoop Ecosystem (or similar Big Data Infrastructure)
- Experience working with key office automation tools such as Visio, Powerpoint and Word.
- Experience utilizing application monitoring tools such as APM, App Dynamics, and OEM.