At Johnson Controls, we're shaping the future to create a world that's safe, comfortable and sustainable. Our global team creates innovative, integrated solutions to make cities more connected, buildings more intelligent and vehicles more efficient. We are passionate about improving the way the world lives, works and plays. The future requires bold ideas, an entrepreneurial mind-set and collaboration across boundaries. You need a career focused on tomorrow. Tomorrow needs you.
The Sr. Global Market Research Analyst is responsible for supporting the execution of the Tyco Retail Solutions global market research plan inclusive of retail industry, technology, customer, competitive and economic trending research. Reporting to the Manager, Global Market Research, the Market Research Analyst is principally responsible for interpreting data, formulating reports and making recommendations based upon the research findings. To accomplish this task, the Market Research Analyst works with both internal cross functional teams and external vendors to understand, define and document the overarching business objectives and supporting research needs. The Market Research Analyst applies qualitative and quantitative techniques to interpret the data and produce substantiated recommendations and findings to the broader internal business units.
• Communicating with internal and external audiences to understand and document the business objectives and research needs
• Designing or assisting in the development of questionnaires and moderator guides to ensure the necessary data is captured
• Conducting in-depth data analyses using traditional and advanced methods
• Authoring reports containing actionable recommendations
• Making presentations-answering questions and instilling confidence
• Analyzing and summarizing retail industry, technology, competitive, and economic trends on both a global and regional level
• Assisting with segmentation and market sizing exercises inclusive of current spend, growth rates, share, and addressable market upon request
• Performing customer satisfaction surveys and research regarding potential and existing customers
• 3-5 years in Analytical Research and Market Research industry
• 1 to 2 years of retail sector or business technology experience
• Academic and practical experience with a wide array of new product, brand, and customer satisfaction research methodologies
• Exceptional written and oral communication abilities
• Strong analytic skills with experience in statistical modeling and analysis
• Advanced Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Bachelors or advanced degree in business, mathematics, or the sciences
• Strong communication skills and an ability to effectively engage at all levels of the organization
• Flexible; able to manage multiple projects in a dynamic, fast paced working environment
A little about us:
We’re shaping the future. Together, let’s make a world that’s safe, comfortable and sustainable. Tomorrow needs you.