Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
We are seeking a high energy and innovative professional to join our Central Cross-Border Trade (CBT) team.
Are you a highly motivated, inquisitive problem solver? Do you like to bring order to chaos and thrive on adrenaline? Are you comfortable adapting quickly to change? Can you see paths forward when others are stuck? Are you motivated by leading efforts that have broad impact? Well, we're looking for you.
In this newly created role you will focus on increasing usage with existing customers, through the optimization of all existing flows to drive a better cross border experience (sign-up, checkout, etc.). You will enable and facilitate Cross Border growth, enabling the regions to do more. The position is highly visible in the organization and involves frequent interaction with the senior executive team as well as all other levels, globally. This role offers an opportunity to build-out and be a key contributor in developing the Central CBT from inception to steady state, building out an incubating start-up within PayPal. This position can be located in San Jose or San Francisco.Job Responsibilities:
Key competencies: Customer Champion
- Strategic lead on optimization opportunities in various areas such as risk, buyer conversion, payments, etc.
- Responsible for finding the opportunities, looking into data and flows to extract the best-case scenarios to test, in different corridors, globally.
- Responsible for improving coordination among business units, working with PayPal Product. Development, Global Payments, Analytics and Risk and other cross functional teams to develop strategies and activities to improve conversion, continue to optimize digital/mobile experiences for our customers and ultimately growing revenue.
- Ensure that key CBT KPIs are realistically set and attained. Work with Analytics to define, measure and communicate results to all relevant audiences, delivering the necessary analyses and associated actions to enable continuous improvement.
- Work with product teams in other to implement the solution and strategy defined.
- Develop and execute robust testing agenda to ensure continuous evolution of programs.
- Monitor, measure, and report on operational issues, opportunities, and development against company objectives.
- Liaise with regional teams and Senior Leadership teams to share pilot results, scaling where deemed appropriate for a particular region.
- Accountable for CBT revenue and margin growth.
- Relentless focus on the customer and meeting customer needs. Must implicitly understand what is necessary to create value for consumers.
- Superb analytical mind- demonstrated experience tracking core business metrics and making or recommending decisions based on those metrics.
- Ability work closely with Analytics team to help drive new and powerful ways to tell a story with data to gather credibility and partnership to CBT.
- Able to keep multiple balls in the air and to deconstruct complex activities into their component parts, track those parts, and manage the activities to completion.
- Detailed oriented mindset.
- Practical - you value getting things done more than the big idea.
- Solid leadership and influencing skills
- Ability to motivate others, drive collaboration, teaming & resolve conflict between diverse stakeholder groups
- As in individual contributor, ability to create the strategy but excellent execution skills
- Sharp business judgment, ability to see the "big picture" and to prioritize what to execute first in order to optimize results.
- Passion for and demonstrated success understanding and fulfilling internal or external customer needs; problem-solver mindset.
- Strong verbal and written communication.
- Ability to manage change and ambiguity with an action-orientation/drive - must thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Product experience is a plus.
- Proven ability to develop, oversee and successfully execute marketing programs, and deliver against aggressive goals. Adept in building business cases, setting clear program expectations, tracking performance, and reporting on results
- High energy, strong work ethic, disciplined execution skills, willingness to do whatever it takes to deliver results
- Works efficiently under pressure
- Track record of delivering tangible results
- Appetite to learn and comfort with uncertainty market positions
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.