Thomas Edison South (74051), United States of America, St Cloud, Minnesota
Sr. Mortgage Loan Underwriting Manager
As Senior Manager, Home Loans Mortgage Underwriting at Capital One, you will work closely with smart, talented people who are leading experts in the mortgage industry. You will lead an underwriting site responsible for ensuring compliance with established policies and procedures while delivering exceptional results. You will partner closely with key stakeholders in sales, processing and closing in delivering a first-rate customer experience. You will serve as a subject matter expert in underwriting guidelines, policies, and procedures. Your passion, expertise, and hard work will be rewarded with a competitive salary and top-notch benefits package.
Responsibilities in this role include, but are not limited to:
- Managing a site of underwriters including training, leading and motivating associates to succeed.
- Monitor and manage underwriter productivity to ensure service levels are at acceptable levels
- Monitor quality and progress of all team members while serving as an escalation point for the team.
- Manage capacity to ensure consistent and predictable operational results
- Identify training needs at the underwriter, originator and/or Company level and assist in the development and delivery of loan production.
- Maintain cost controls and meet budget guidelines established for the Underwriting Team
- Maintain a continuous improvement approach to processes and procedures to fix and/or improve overall consistency and efficiency throughout the model and to ensure a best in performance and customer service.
- Ensure that all fair lending and compliance policies are followed both in dealings with customers as well as the underwriting decisions that are made.
- Assist with second level reviews and maintain level IV underwriting authority
• Bachelor's Degree or military experience
• At least 5 years of mortgage underwriting experience
• At least 5 years of experience in people management
• MBA or Master’s Degree
• 10+ years of mortgage underwriting experience
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.