Plano 3 (31063), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr. Mortgage Underwriter
A great opportunity exists for an ambitious and passionate individual to join our team as a Sr Assoc Underwriter. It is the Sr Assoc Underwriter’s responsibility to ensure that conventional loans are processed and underwritten accurately and while remaining in compliance with company, regulatory and investor requirements. The Associate Underwriter is a partner to sales, processing and closing by helping to deliver an excellent customer experience.
- Determine qualifying income for the most complex applicants including Self Employed (All Tax Returns)
- Review complex income documentation such as personal and business tax returns
- Review complex asset statements
- Review the most complex appraisals including multi-family
- Ability to underwrite FHA/VA loan requests
- Highest level of risk assessment
- Ability to restructure loans recommended for denial and present counter-offer which fully complies with guidelines at an acceptable level of risk
- Ability to disposition loan files outside of standard underwriting guidelines
- Review Co-Op, CEMA and Bond Loans
- Analytical ability to consider consequences of Loan credit guidelines
- High School Diploma, GED or equivalent certification or military experience
- At least 4 years of experience in automated underwriting systems to include FNMA’s Desktop Underwriter (DU) and FHLMC’s Loan Prospector (LP)
- At least 4 years ofexperience underwriting/knowledge ofFNMA/FHLMC/FHA/VA programs and underwriting guidelines, as well as those of other conventional investors, state/local bond programs and private mortgage insurers
- Bachelors Degree in business or related field
- 5+ years of Mortgage Underwriting experience
- 6+ years of mortgage experience
- 2+ years of FHA Manual Underwriting experience
- FHA DE ( Direct Endorsement Authority) certification
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
A little about us:
Headquartered in McLean, Virginia, Capital One® offers a broad array of financial products and services to consumers.