At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The NDE Specialist shall ensure that a consistent approach, standards and expectations are utilized during the performance of NDE inspections so that all regulatory requirements are implemented with the appropriate technical rigor across the organization. This position shall also identify and pursue any enhancements in manual and automated technology to assist in performing and improving productivity for ISI/FAC/IVVI/BOP and augmented work scopes. Specific outage responsibilities include providing site management, oversight and assessment of NDES and Vendor activities. Additionally, during non-outage, duties will include support of O&M and Capital budget development, continuous training, certification tracking, industry meetings, Business Initiatives, FMS, Self - Assessment and Corrective Action processes for the NDES Organization.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Support outages by providing site management, oversight and assessment of NDES and Vendor activities. Travel associated with Outage support (East/West).
- Support O&M and Capital budget development, continuous training, certification tracking, industry meetings, Business Initiatives, FMS, Self - Assessment and Corrective Action processes for the NDES Organization.
- Identify and pursue any enhancements in manual and automated technology to assist in performing and improving productivity and assuring regulatory requirements for ISI/FAC/IVVI/BOP.
- Perform NDE inspections outage/non-outage.
- BS Degree (Technical) and 3 years of exempt-level experience in ISI/NDE
- Minimum 10 years experience (5 years at the exempt level) in ISI / NDE
- Technical Associates degree with 8 years experience (3 years at the exempt level) in ISI / NDE
- Experience in ASME code, PDI, BWRVIP and MRP requirements
- Experience in project management
- Certifiable LIII in a minimum of 2 NDE methods
- BS degree (technical or business)
- Knowledgeable in Risk Informed ISI
- Knowledgeable in various NDE methods
- Knowledgeable in ISI databases
- Oversee all NDE implementation to ensure optimization is on a success path.
- Provides leadership and direction for preparing and/or performing NDE activities.
- Responsible for the pursuit of cost reductions and maximizing value on all assigned projects.
- Provides NDE expertise to the sites regarding techniques, applications, past/present exams as well training/certifications/procedure development.
- Recommend and advise engineering on identification of ASME Section XI and augmented inspection program components to be examined.
- Manage large NDE projects that are associated with higher costs, risk, complexity or criticality.
- Approximately 35%- 40% travel associated with Outage support (East/West)
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster