Sr. .NET and SharePoint Developer
Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 112840692
Common Purpose, Uncommon Opportunity. Everyone at Visa works with one goal in mind - making sure that Visa is the best way to pay and be paid, for everyone everywhere. This is our global vision and the common purpose that unites the entire Visa team. As a global payments technology company, tech is at the heart of what we do: Our VisaNet network processes over 13,000 transactions per second for people and businesses around the world, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks. We are also global advocates for financial inclusion, working with partners around the world to help those who lack access to financial services join the global economy. Visa's sponsorships, including the Olympics and FIFA™ World Cup, celebrate teamwork, diversity, and excellence throughout the world. If you have a passion to make a difference in the lives of people around the world, Visa offers an uncommon opportunity to build a strong, thriving career. Visa is fueled by our team of talented employees who continuously raise the bar on delivering the convenience and security of digital currency to people all over the world. Join our team and find out how Visa is everywhere you want to be.
Visa's Collaboration Technologies team is looking for curious, creative, and talented technologists to join our growing team. We focus on delivering collaboration platforms that help Visa employees work at the pace of our growing business, solutions that employees enjoy, and training & coaching to ensure that our employees can get the most out of our solutions. If you love working as part of a collaborative technical team, enjoy technical challenges, are focused on excellent customer service, and have operational excellence in your DNA, this role may be an excellent opportunity for you.
The Sr. Staff .NET & SharePoint Developer position is an individual contributor role based in our growing Austin, TX office. The ideal candidate will have 5-7 years of experience in defining and building custom applications with both .NET MVC, Web Forms and SharePoint, a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in Computer Science or Engineering, and meet the qualifications below.
Collaboration Technologies team members wear multiple hats and are expected to work across our entire technology stack. While this role will focus on SharePoint and .NET MVC web development, the ideal candidate will have a strong interest in learning new technologies, and will draw on a strong technical foundation to be able to deliver enterprise solutions for our team, regardless of technology.
• Primary responsibility will be to work with Collaboration Technologies team to design and build new SharePoint and .NET MVC web solutions for business problems. Will also work to maintain existing application solutions in both our SharePoint and IIS web environments.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills across the technical team, as well as business partners
• Estimate effort with varying confidence levels per business and technical requirements which may or may not be well fleshed out
• Coordinate development and support efforts with offshore team(s) and manage technical project efforts
• Work effectively as part of a highly collaborative team while independently prioritizing individual daily activities for themselves and others
• Experienced SharePoint 2013 / 2016 developer with expertise in application development, configuration and customization for both Office 365 and on-premise environment
• Experienced .NET MVC/Web Forms developer with expertise in web application development
• Experience with cross browsers development and IIS platform issues
• Experience in responsive designed web applications
• Deep knowledge of SharePoint's out-of-the-box components and a strategic preference for no-code solutions first, client-side addin development second, and server-side coding only when
• Experience creating no-code applications using out-of-the-box tools such as custom lists, workflows, web part pages, Excel Services.
• Experience using external applications with SharePoint to solve business problems - such as SSRS, Tableau, PowerQuery, and Microsoft Office (especially Excel and Access).
• Experience creating custom forms using InfoPath and/or Nintex Forms.
• Experience developing declarative SharePoint Workflows using Nintex Workflow, and Visual Studio when necessary.
• Experience with Business Data Catalog/Business Connectivity Services.
• Experience with web service integration, PowerBI, OneDrive for Business, and other Office 365 features.
• Experience in design, customization, administration and implementation of SharePoint for large intranet applications - including HTML, CSS, Google Analytics, master pages, themes, and design packages for light branding requirements.
• Experience using CAML queries and good in-depth knowledge of SharePoint's addin model, native REST web services, and CSOM (client side object model) for building SharePoint apps / addins.
• Experience in creating app parts / web parts using the SharePoint object model and native web services.
Fluent in programming with jQuery including AJAX and DOM manipulation
• Experience building web services/APIs using WCF and Web API
• Experience with SQL Server, stored procedures
• Experience writing PowerShell scripts to automate repetitive SharePoint administrative and provisioning tasks.
• Good communication, leadership and mentoring skills.
• Ability to coach end users to help them solve their own problems.
• Experience in Multi Server/Web Farm configuration and programming.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent demonstrated experience
• Mobile web development a plus
Client-side web development, including but not limited to:
• SharePoint REST and JSOM
• SharePoint Add-in Model
• SharePoint Framework
• .NET Framework 4.5
• Strong conceptual and analytic thinking skills with the ability to independently drive timely resolution of complex issues
• Motivated personality who is able to proactively identify ways to add value to the team, even when they may not be spelled out
• Evaluating business requirements and turning them in to technical designs
• Ability to improvise and keep moving forward when ideal solutions are not available
• Technical documentation
• Experience working with offshore and globally distributed teams
• Mentoring team members in the application of new technologies and / or agile methodologies
• Juggling multiple changing tasks and priorities
• Strong work ethic, a great sense of humor, high judgement, technically curious, and team-oriented
• Desire to take ownership and drive innovation of products
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.