GE is the world's Digital Industrial Company, transforming industry with software-defined machines and solutions that are connected, responsive and predictive. Through our people, leadership development, services, technology and scale, GE delivers better outcomes for global customers by speaking the language of industry.
Working for GE Aviation is exciting & challenging.Come see what you are missing!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Sr Network Operations Engineer
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
Responsible for working independently on components of larger network segments. Responsible for incident troubleshooting, change implementation, vendor relationships, and problem analysis.
Contributes to the team on a variety of projects to deliver high quality results. Strong collaboration skills: ability to work with other network operations engineers and cross-functional peers.
In addition you will :
* Ability to collaborate with subject matter experts
* Ability to collaborate effectively with (and learn from) other network operations employees, and other individuals within the business, to drive outcomes
* Self-motivated and passionate about learning new technologies
* Strong understanding of network terminology, troubleshooting concepts, and layer 1 -3 connectivity
* Basic understanding of how compute / applications interact with the network
* Strong understanding of how to troubleshoot / triage network related issues
* Strong understanding of how to configure network devices
* Strong understanding of IP address management
* Basic understanding of how to do IOS upgrades & validation testing
* Ability to learn to use network tools to aid in troubleshooting / monitoring the network
* Ability to follow established guidelines and SOPs to deliver consistent results
* Ability to help define new SOPs and standards
* Ability to work to deadlines and think critically about the task at hand
* Strong understanding of routing / switching / wireless technologies
* Basic understanding of complex technologies like firewalls, IPS, load balancing
* Ability to understand network utilization / analysis to manage network capacity
* Bachelor's degree in Information Systems, Information Technology (IT), Computer Science or Engineering from an accredited college or university (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in the application of information technologies to business solutions)
* A minimum of 6 years of experience with current information technology and its influence on business functions
* A minimum of 6 years of experience with CNC and machine controls (control types: Fanuc 15, Fanuc 16, Fanuc 21i, Fanuc 210i, Fanuc 0i, Fanuc 30i, Fanuc 31i, Fanuc 32i, Okuma OSP-P800, Siemens 840D and Siemens 840C)
* Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Proven analytical and problem resolution skills
* Strong communication skills: clear written and verbal communication
* Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
* Demonstrated planning and organization skills
* Working knowledge of Cisco network hardware, including Local Area Networks and Wireless LANs
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we're manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world's toughest problems. Join us and you'll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you'll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it's the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we've got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you're passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter:@geconnections
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.