Plano 2 (31062), United States of America, Plano, Texas
Sr. Network Security Engineer
We are actively seeking highly creative and intellectually curious technology professionals who are passionate about network security to join our team! This is an opportunity to display knowledge of your craft by having a hand in designing and building large scale security environments, as well as showcasing your expert level troubleshooting skills. You will be an integral part in advancing the culture of technical excellence within Capital One, and helping our associates create experiences that will delight millions of customers!
On any given day you will:
Provide IT network security engineering for new innovations, cloud environment, project designs, and standards development. Ensure adherence to defined network engineering processes and identify and help influence platform strategic direction in coordination with business users' needs and direction.
- Provide proof of concept testing and business case inputs
- Enterprise network security solutions, and ongoing technology refresh and enhancements
- Define enterprise network security design standards, including cloud technologies
- Datacenter design and architecture reviews
- Acquisition integration for network security services.
- Technology integration point with other Capital One engineering towers to provide strategic solutions.
- Feasibility engagements with business groups to ensure integrated network strategies are incorporated early in the process.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to junior personnel.
- Work with project teams to implement security solutions.
- Analyze firewall rules to categorize / prioritize the rules and recommend remediation action plans based on Capital One's application types and approved security architectural environment.
- Review Capital One's server / systems configuration & make recommendations as to best location for each system based on Capital One's target state security architecture
- Support security compliance initiatives
- Test and deploy new security technologies
- Create and Document policies, procedures and standards related to network security.
An ideal candidate would possess the following:
- Excellent analytical, communication, and documentation skills with proven ability to collaborate across a variety of distributed teams.
- Extremely organized individual with the ability to manage multiple projects, lead and/or participate on multiple project teams.
- Experience with advanced firewall rulebase design, rulebase optimization, and global/shared objects.
- Experience with cross platform integration of servers, management systems, and n‑tier applications with the enterprise network
- Experience with the development, deployment and automation of security solutions in large enterprise environments to connect to cloud solutions such as AWS and Azure while maintaining secure operations (i.e. firewalls, ACL, security groups).
- Knowledge of how various AWS and Azure automation strategies and tools such as cloud-init, AWS Lambda, Azure runbooks, and any data formats such as JSON and XML function.
- Strong technical background and knowledge of network fundamentals and common Internet protocols.
- Experience with designing complex network solutions in both data centers and cloud environment, including high-availability solutions.
- Performed hardware refresh, software upgrades, migrations and complex troubleshooting techniques. Worked with Palo Alto’s Add-ID, Wildfire, Content-ID, and other deep packet inspection capabilities.
- Ability to script in one of the following languages: Python, PowerShell, or Perl preferred.
- Bachelor's degree or Military experience
- At least 1 year experience in technical leadership of medium to large IT projects
- At least 5 years’ demonstrated experience with network design, protocols, hardware, configuration, tools, monitoring, and troubleshooting on large IP and Ethernet networks including multiple campuses and datacenters implementations.
- At least 6 years’ experience in all technical aspects of network security engineering
- At least 6 years’ experience with firewall technologies to include Checkpoint and Palo Alto.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering
- 1 year experience with Agile methodologies.
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.