• Design, deploy, and support the Cloud Platform Engineering networks across multiple, diverse environments (including AWS)
• Participate in on call rotation
• Lead network engineering design reviews.
• Initiate reviews of implemented solutions for deficiencies and facilitate corrections
• Participate in vendor evaluations and make recommendations
• Write technical documentation and training for other staff
• Monitor and carry out preventative maintenance and general administrative tasks relating to the network
• Build good working relationships with staff from all areas of the business to achieve best results
Qualifications: Minimum Requirements:
• Strong Networking Experience with at least 5+ years of network design and architecture experience.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of network protocol analyzers/sniffers and use in troubleshooting.
• Must have an in-depth knowledge of heterogeneous networking components along with knowledge of routing/switching involving native LAN and VLAN technologies including network Accelerators.
• Deep knowledge of TCP/IP, Network switching and routing protocols and VPN technologies
• Deep knowledge of networking/routing protocols: OSPF, BGP, MPLS
• Experience with Load Balancing on F5/A10
• Experience with Cisco/Juniper/Checkpoint firewalls
• Switching/Routing/Firewalling on multi-vendor platforms - specifically Arista and Juniper
• Excellent trouble shooting skills • Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Ability and desire to cross train outside own area of technical expertise
• Experience of prioritising workload in high pressure and time constrained environments.
• Certified CCNP/JNCP or better or equivalent experience
• Preferably Certified Checkpoint Security Administrator • Knowledge of ITIL or ITIL foundations certified
• Excellent oral and written communication skills to work effectively with others regardless of their department or geographic location Essential- Operation of:
• Large Enterprise or Service Provider Networks where a mix of transit and settlement-free peering is deployed
• Layer 2 and 3 Data Centre Networks with P, PE and CPE topologies
• Routers, Switches, Load Balancers and Firewalls from multiple vendors
Key networking technologies:
• IPv4 and IPv6 Unicast routing • Routing Protocols (Including OSPF and BGP)
• Network Management/Monitoring tools
• Juniper J, M and MX Routers, EX Switches and SRX Firewalls
• Cisco IOS
• Juniper JunOS • F5 LTM and GTM product lines
• MPLS/VPLS provider backbone support(CE, PE, and P) Infrastructure:
• DNS • Tacacs+/Radius
• Scripting (Perl/Shell)
• Virtualisation Technologies (Including VMWare)
• Service/Solution development in an Enterprise
• Data Centre environments Desirable:
• Educated to degree level in an IT-related subject
• ITIL v3 Foundation or Practitioner Certification
• Experience of firewall technologies from Checkpoint, Juniper and Cisco
• IPv6 deployments
• Cisco CCNP/IP certification or equivalent industry experience.
• Industry experience working with large telecoms providers and carriers.
Symantec is an equal opportunity employer. All candidates for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
A little about us:
Join the leader in cyber security. At Symantec, you will make the world a safer place by helping people, businesses, and governments protect and manage their information so they can focus on achieving their goals.