At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 150 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Site Communicator of Nuclear Communications is responsible for planning and executing internal and external communications programs and activities in support of the Manager of Nuclear Communications, based on policies and programs outlined by the Lead of Nuclear Communications. The site communicator will serve as the sites primary point of contact for nuclear communications, ensuring full integration with corporate and nuclear communications organizations, a well-informed site workforce and an effective working relationship with local press. Counsel and support site Vice President in achieving station goals.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
- Ensure effective communication of corporate goals and initiatives to employees.
- Support and participate in nuclear fleet and corporate communications programs and initiatives.
- Develop strong working relationship with local press.
- Produce accurate, compelling, and editorially proficient written communications.
- Manage a variety of communication tasks to support leadership, including talking points, short presentations, and online messages.
- Handle all logistics to implement nuclear communication plans.
- Manage and ensure effectiveness of community relations activities.
- Support station emergency plan. (For nuclear only)
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of 5 to 8 years experience in internal or external communications
- Demonstrated nuclear, utility or manufacturing experience; ability to obtain unescorted access to nuclear sites.
- Proven communications skills - both written and interpersonal Demonstrated nuclear, utility or manufacturing experience
- Utility or manufacturing experience
- Ability to obtain unescorted access to nuclear sites.
- Energy business/industry knowledge.
- Strategic thinking; self motivation, project management skills.
- Broad understanding of press dynamics and organizational communications
- Position reports directly to the Manager of Nuclear Communications for the respective region.
- Position activities are focused on internal and external communications within the assigned site and in surrounding communities, while participating in and supporting initiatives and projects developed by nuclear and corporate communications organizations for broader application.
- Involves proactive communication planning and plan execution, project leadership and a high level of coordination with other communication functions within Nuclear.
- Requires significant outreach to local press and developing strong community relationships.
- High level of organization, strategic thinking, and presentation required.
- Required Travel
- Works under minimal supervision.
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor EEO is the Law Poster