We are looking for the next Partner Marketing Manager to lead our OEM co-marketing strategy and execution with a Lenovo across the North America, one of our largest regions. Lenovo is one of the largest partners with Microsoft, offering diversified capabilities which span across Client, Office, Server, and Embedded. The OEM Account Marketing Lead for North Americas will design and execute commercial and consumer co-marketing campaigns which help achieve our revenue and share goals around Windows Client PCs and tablets, Office and Server while also driving innovation for Windows and Microsoft SW and services.
To achieve these goals, this person will be accountable for building relationships across the partner organizations and internally across Microsoft, and leveraging them to develop an annual joint marketing strategy and seasonal execution. The role owns a significant joint marketing investment plan and drives scaled execution by engaging closely with the Microsoft teams in our subsidiaries to drive planning and across the US and Canada.
Additionally, this highly visible role serves as a key leader and influence within our broader WW Account Team organization and OEM marketing community. In a mobile first cloud first world, Microsoft’s OEM ecosystem is at the center, enabling mobility solutions through device innovation as well as HW that powers the world’s public and private clouds.
• Achieve OEM scorecard targets for the overall Windows, Server and Office business (i.e., revenue, units, mix, forecasting and BOS Attach) within the North Americas.
• Develop and execute a comprehensive all-up marketing strategy; inclusive of product launches, marketing campaigns, consumer and commercial initiatives, and managing new channels or methods of distribution.
• Drive business management excellence in managing all marketing investments driving RoB engagements, ROI analytics, and planning and ongoing optimization with the partner and MSFT field.
• Lead programmatic definition of highly targeted investments and campaigns that prioritize growth and competitive segments and geographies. The campaigns need to outline appropriate levers, monitor and report performance, and course-correct based on effectiveness of levers as drivers of desired business outcomes.
• Compile and report insights based on data driven modelling, suggest strategic adjustments as appropriate and use data to mobilize continued momentum for the effort.
• Drive excellence in execution with on marketing investment management as well as implementation of scaled programs.
• Liaise as needed with Microsoft commercial device selling teams, retail teams, and key teams across OEM and with the Windows Client, Office and Server business groups.
Experience & Skill Requirements:
• Cross-boundary collaboration: Ability to influence partner and internal stakeholders drive alignment and pursue innovative ideas and programs and work together to achieve bold goals and drive for impact
• Passion for partners: Proven relationship management at the senior level and a passion for driving success through partnering, negotiating win-wins, overcoming objections and challenges, and representing Microsoft
• Passion for technology: deeply interested and passionate about device innovation as a catalyst for new solutions within our mobile first cloud first strategy
• Marketing thought leadership: Integrated (ATL, digital and retail) marketing background leading consumer campaign, & commercial experience a plus.
• Proven decision making and analytical experience in reviewing sales trends, market trends and operational trade-offs to drive accurate demand forecasts to increase sell-thru and market-share results
• Business management excellence: Proven track record of managing a multi-million investment responsibility, planning and RoB processes, marketing and financial analysis and reporting and contributing to organizational thought leadership and continuous learning
• Strong communications: Ability to communicate effectively and concisely - both orally and in written form and to effectively influence others in multiple groups and collaborate to achieve specific objectives
• Business acumen: Intuitive balance combined with analytical ability to understand complex data with many variables, identify trends, question assumptions and develop new ways of realizing business opportunities.
• Drive for results: Understands how to get things done and work independently while demonstrating organization agility to overcome obstacles, and achieve objectives within and across teams
• Creativity: Develops original ideas, approaches and solutions to typical, unusual or difficult situations or problems.
• Customer focused, responsive, and action oriented to meet customer needs while maintaining a positive, professional image of Microsoft showcasing ongoing engagement driving proactive discussions to ensure follow through and customer satisfaction
• This position requires domestic travel in partner meetings (approx. 40% of the time)
• 5+ years of experience in marketing or partner/channel experience
• BA/BS required
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.