The Senior Operations Business Analyst will be responsible for developing and providing creative solutions that turn data into progressive ideas through the creation of clear, compelling data visualizations, interactive media, dashboards, maps, and high-impact visual applications and infographics. They will own the design, development and maintenance of ongoing reports, metrics, analyses, and dashboards to drive key business decisions and communicate key concepts to the Home Depot. They will lead small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. A successful Senior Operations Business Analyst for this role will operate with minimal supervision, prioritizing and executing tasks once given a general project goal. They will be able to turn dull, unsystematic data into meaningful works of art. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effectively communicating to teams and leadership, and gathering user feedback, data and business goals to translate into intuitive tools that focus on optimal customer experience. The person in this position must be a problem solver and enjoy the challenge of translating big ideas into adaptable tools across desktop, tablet and mobile platforms. We are seeking a detail-oriented self-starter who is able to work through ambiguity to determine which components of a problem/process are truly important. Additionally, this person must be able to build strong cross-functional partnerships to ensure that his/her recommendations are implemented successfully. Responsibilities may include developing dashboards, value stream mapping and analysis, process-engineering support through complex labor impact modeling & analysis, and some development work in SQL.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store Operations Business Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
Additional Minimum Qualifications:
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or
equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or Master's Degree in an engineering field, statistics, or business operations management
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, especially Excel
- Proficiency with Tableau
- Proficiency with SQL
- Demonstrated experience with the latest design tools, platforms, dashboards, and applicable data visualization tools
- Demonstrated user experience design skills with expert knowledge of current design programs
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!