Senior Operations Analysts - Energy are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. They work directly with vendors to develop new energy savings strategies and to provide guidance to vendors in the execution of those strategies. They engage in the energy management process, from the troubleshooting of Building Automation System related issues to the creation of innovative, industry leading strategies for managing energy expenses. They must possess a high level of analytical ability to distinguish multiple components of a problem and develop conclusions using quantitative skills. They will use a combination of existing data mining methods and clever estimation and modeling techniques to determine pros and cons of energy management strategies. The ability to access data, distill the information gathered, and draw conclusions that moves beyond raw cost-benefit analysis and into business decision making will be critical to their success.
They must also possess the ability to concisely communicate these conclusions and the business effect they will have. They will derive, from an understanding of the needs of the business, innovative strategies that provide savings without compromising greater company needs.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effective communication to teams and other leaders, reviewing and understanding energy usage data and identifying trends in business and the retail industry. A successful Senior Operations Analyst - Energy will possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills - both formal and informal - across vendors, peers, and company leaders. MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store Operations Business Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!