Senior Operations Business Analysts are responsible for leading small to medium subsets of larger projects and initiatives and individual processes that bring value to The Home Depot. This role will focus on projects relating to process improvement and strategic initiatives for store operations. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to leading teams on projects, effectively communicating to teams and other leaders, reviewing and understanding data to establish customer value, identifying continuous improvement opportunities, and removing non-value add activity in current store processes. A successful Senior Operations Business Analyst will possess and demonstrate strong leadership skills, analytical ability, and communication.
MAJOR TASKS, RESPONSIBILITES AND KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Lead Project Teams of Analysts and other associates
- Perform data gathering tasks, synthesis - develop solutions, project/strategy planning and data utilization
- Produce documents for teams and leadership to review and utilize. Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors
- Build skills and knowledge including self-development, team knowledge and customer (internal) knowledge.
- Deliver presentations to teams and executive leaders and sponsors.
NATURE AND SCOPE:
- Typically reports to Store Operations Process Manager or Store Operations Business Manager (or Sr. Managers)
- No associates report to this role on a permanent basis, but requires the leadership of a work group: assign and review work, train and contribute to performance appraisal (but not hiring, firing or disciplinary action).
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS:
Located in a comfortable indoor area. Any unpleasant conditions would be infrequent and not objectionable.
Typically requires overnight travel less than 10% of the time.MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
Must be eighteen years of age or older.
Must be legally permitted to work in the United States.
The knowledge, skills and abilities typically acquired through the completion of a bachelor's degree program or equivalent degree in a field of study related to the job.
Years of Relevant Work Experience: 3 years
Most of the time is spent sitting in a comfortable position and there is frequent opportunity to move about. On rare occasions there may be a need to move or lift light articles.
- Industrial Engineering Degree or other related Engineering Degree
- Experience with Six Sigma or other Process Improvement Methodology
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word
- Experience conducting time studies and the development of engineered performance standards
- Experience engaging subject matter experts, peers, leaders and/or other partners to seek out root cause(s) and explore unconventional solutions
- Experience using flowchart & diagram software (e.g. Visio, Project)
- Experience developing relationships and consulting on projects with customers
- Experience conducting time study and engineer standards
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Experience leading high performing teams
- Consulting management and/or project management.
- Strong quantitative skills such as statistics and data analysis
- Problem solving
- Strong Operations, Retail and/or field knowledge
A little about us:
We recognize that military members are adept, motivated and hardworking. That’s why we made a commitment in 2012 to hire 55,000 veterans in 5 years!