Microsoft Advertising is a worldwide Sales, Marketing and Services organization on the cutting edge of the digital advertising industry. We are the engine that powers the buying and selling of digital advertising across the Microsoft portfolio including our search engine, Bing. The Operations team within Microsoft Advertising is chartered with enabling our field teams to effectively meet the needs of their customers, while maximizing profit and driving efficiencies for Microsoft.
We are seeking a curious, driven, Sr. Operations PM Lead to join the MSA Operations Tools Team to help develop Sales Planning tools & workflows, and to drive the operational processes needed for sales teams to set & manage customer segmentation, book of business, quota, and payout. The Operations PM Lead will ensure global requirements are gathered effectively, drive strategic product and workflow design, and coordinate all the field execution needed to land these Sales Planning processes & outputs with our sales teams.
• Lead a small team of Operations PMs and Business Analysts that oversee the Sales Planning execution rhythm with local field sales excellence teams; defining timelines, processes and deliverables needed to build seller’s books, set quota, manage account movement, and pay sellers each fiscal half.
• Partner with Field, Sales Excellence & Engineering teams to scope & prioritize tools needed for customer segmentation, book of business, & quota setting.
• Support engineering teams manage the existing data infrastructure that powers Sales Planning processes to while simultaneously driving future enhancements of this infrastructure based on sales strategy evolution.
• Develop and manage data policies, standards and controls to drive improvement of data quality & freshness, process efficiencies, and system automation.
• Manage communication around sales planning process changes, across a wide spectrum of sales roles & leaders, with the goal to ensure that field & technology groups understand the impacts of the decisions
• Oversee the creation of standard reporting and advance Business Insights on the health book of business and quota coverage and other sales planning activities
• Direct experience with Sales Operations for a large sales organization and deep familiarity w/ the processes & tools needed to segment customers, build books-of-business, and set quota.
• Demonstrated ability to attract world-class talent to your team, along with proven coaching skills and desire to make others better
• Proven expertise in effective requirements gathering, enabling rapid product development & demonstrated ability to influence sales leaders on process & workflows
• Self-starter, with a willingness to adapt quickly to shifting business priorities and ability to work effectively under pressure
• Ability to quickly understand the upstream and downstream effects of data policies, standards and controls
• Understand the complex data models from a business perspective to recommend improved, data standards/controls or new data capabilities
• 5+ years of experience building and leading high performing teams
• Bachelors of Science degree required
• Demonstrated expertise in sales operations or product/program management; ideally supporting large scale sales or service teams
• Online advertising experience preferred, ideally with familiarly into search marketing
• MBA preferred
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.