Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Provides advanced clerical and administrative support to departmental Managers, and assists in coordinating all aspects of daily operations, including recording and reporting data. This senior level specialist is more experienced in an administrative / operational support role and may be expected to perform at a higher level of responsibility and with minimal supervision in comparison to the entry-level specialist position. Duties and tasks are varied and may be somewhat complex. Resolves most questions and problems and refers only the most complex issues to higher levels. II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Serves as one of the primary customer service contacts for the landfill facility.
- Manages and operates the truck scale system and operations.
- Assists in troubleshooting and resolving safety, service, and operational issues.
- Creates, distributes, and closes-out customer weigh tickets on a daily basis.
- Maintains and distributes department related information on a daily basis.
- Communicates with other supervisors and managers about customer service, operations, and/or financial issues.
- Completes and maintains a variety of reports as directed by the facility manager.
- Uses software tools to manage a variety of tasks, such as procurement, heavy equipment maintenance, time and attendance, safety incidents, and contract labor.
- Assists with data collection and reporting required for weekly and monthly truck scale operations and billing.
- Assists with the processing of payments and other financial tasks as necessary.
- Assists in the implementation of operational projects as needed.
- Communicates with customers about service issues as needed.
- Communicates with employees about scheduling and work assignments as needed.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No supervisory responsibilities required. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: High school diploma or G.E.D. (accredited)
- Experience: Three (3) years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required
V. Work Environment
- Knowledge and practical ability to use a computer and Microsoft Office software.
Listed below are key points regarding the physical requirements, and work environment of the job. A reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Normal setting for this job is: office setting at an active landfill operation. Benefits
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.