The Sr. Optical Engineer works with the design team in developing novel Optics and Optoelectronic systems, assemblies, tools and processes for emerging product categories such as silicon photonics, 3D cameras and mixed reality headsets.
Job Responsibilities Include (but are not limited to):
Qualifications: Requirements Skills/Experience:
- Work with suppliers to ensure components meet design requirements.
- Grow and maintain technical knowledge current with advancing technology related to areas of optics, optoelectronics and development in adjacent fields of interest.
- Responsible for selecting optimal components, developing assembly processes, testing parts, test protocols, training other engineers and technicians on assembly procedures, parts handling and testing.
- Help the design engineers develop prototypes, specifications, test methodologies, and test equipment to evaluate design concepts.
- Collaborate with other engineers on the design team such as mechanical and electronic design engineers to ensure overall device meets requirements and timelines.
- Help ensure designs meet and exceed product specifications, cost goals, regulatory requirements, and international standards
- Work with mechanical and electronic engineers to develop system requirements, participate in combined design reviews, discuss design implementation, discuss needs and support requirements from other engineering functions for successful completion and execution of the device as a whole
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience in Optics and Optoelectronics.
- Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Mechanical Engineering and/or related field of study
- Proficiency in solid modeling software such as Zemax optical design or like, SolidWorks and/or ProEngineer to facilitate working with Opto-Electronic supplier partners.
- Masters Degree or PhD of Science in Electrical Engineering, Optics, Mechanical Engineering and/or related discipline.
- 2 years of experience in product and/or process design and development.
- Experienced in design and development of optical systems/optoelectronic assemblies and prior experience working with a range of detectors and light sources such as PDs, LEDs, laser diodes and related assemblies, Xenon lamps and photomultiplier tubes.
A little about us:
Our vision is simple and direct. If it computes, it does it best with Intel. We embrace all aspects of computing.