Sr. or Principal Software Engineer (Full-Stack; Front-End Focus)
Do you want to change the way the world interacts with their money? Do you have the desire to work and learn alongside some of the best engineers in the industry? Think you know the difference between concurrency and parallelism?
Then we want you! As part of our team, what will you do? You will be passionate and driven to create the world's best consumer banking experiences AND you will:
- Demand quality (developing in a test driven manner with automation in mind) .- Collaborate (partnering well with a diverse and passionate team)
- Learn (adapting quickly to an evolving market and emerging trends)
- Work on everything from customer-facing web using cutting-edge open source frameworks, to highly-available RESTful services, to back-end Java based systems.
- Work with product owners to understand desired application capabilities and testing scenarios.
- Continuously improve software engineering practices
- Work within and across Agile teams to design, develop, test, implement, and support technical solutions across a full-stack of development tools and technologies
- Lead the craftsmanship, availability, resilience, and scalability of your solutions
- Bring a passion to stay on top of tech trends, experiment with and learn new technologies, participate in internal & external technology communities, and mentor other members of the engineering community
- Encourage innovation, implementation of cutting-edge technologies, inclusion, outside-of-the-box thinking, teamwork, self-organization, and diversity
Here is what we will bring to the table:
- Competitive salary and equity, including a robust 401(k) plan
- Excellent medical and dental insurance (and other health benefits)
- Industry-leading maternity and paternity leave policies
- A great working environment with a bunch of great people (early Bitcoin pioneers, ex-NASA engineers, and the authors of this job description)
Here is what we would like for you to bring to the table:
- Bachelors Degree or military experience
- At least3years of experience delivering production ready software
- At least 2 years of experience coding in Java.
- At least 2 years of experience coding in Angular JS
- At least 2 years of experience with Agile Scrum methodologies
-4+years of experience writing readable, well-documented Java code
- 3+ years of experience in Agile practices
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.