This role is an individual contributor responsible for applying skills and knowledge to perform specified support functions.
As an Oracle DBA you will be involved with supporting Cybersource Oracle systems.
Primary duties will include designing, implementation, problem analysis and resolution, successful deployment,
ongoing support, and continuous operational improvement of database technologies used at Visa.
The individual should be well versed in database administration and engineering practices and principles.
The individual will share the responsibility of overall database support in various Oracle environments used by different business lines. He or she will provide technical influence and subject matter expertise for the database team. Job Description
Immediate need for Oracle DBA between 5-8yrs of relevant experience. Must to have expertise in Production Support, engineering enterprise on backup/monitoring/alerting/security/encryption/high availability/disaster recovery solutions to support Oracle/Goldengate technology, and designing a database system that meets applications various requirements. Must be willing to work on weekends to support on-call issues.
- Primary duties will be to support and resolve Oracle Database problems; to plan, execute and manage database server implementations and to ensure all security, quality and compliance requirements are met.
- Oracle skills must include: Installation/Upgrade of the Oracle database software on UNIX platforms, Oracle Enterprise DB RAC administration experience and expertise, RMAN backup and recovery of the Oracle Database, performance tuning, migration, data guard replication, Golden Gate Replication and security administration.
- Knowledge of Oracle Grid Control is required.
- Knowledge of Goldengate replication is required
- In-depth knowledge of Oracle DB Server performance tuning.
- Should have familiarity of the Data Movement utilities.
- Knowledge of Golden Gate Replication and/or Oracle Streams is an advantage.
- Should have very good understanding of the Linux/UNIX environments. Preferably Redhat Linux and Sun Solaris
- Knowledge of Unix shell scripting is required.
- 5+ years of experience with the development of complex solutions using Oracle, RAC, Goldengate, Linux
- Advanced background:
- Shell scripting in bash
- Developing/maintaining Tables, Database links, Synonyms, Stored Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers, Cursors, Views, and Indexes
- Understanding of Oracle database architecture and general administrative tasks and database management
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.