DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is seeking a Sr. Packager located in Monument, CO.
DePuy Synthes Companies of Johnson & Johnson is the largest, most innovative and comprehensive orthopedic and neurological business in the world. DePuy Synthes Companies offer an unparalleled breadth and depth of products, services and programs in the areas of joint reconstruction, trauma, spine, sports medicine, neurological, craniomaxillofacial, power tools and biomaterials. Building on the legacy and strengths of two great companies, more agile and better equipped to meet the needs of today’s evolving health care environment. With a focus on activating insights to develop innovative, comprehensive solutions, we are inspired to advance patient care in greater ways than either company could accomplish on its own.
• The Sr. Packager sets up and operates diverse types of machinery within secondary manufacturing operations.
• Performs assigned tasks, in order to produce, inspect and package various types of medical products.
• Equipment used depends on product being manufactured or operation being performed.
• Operator will inspect finished and in-process product for dimensional and cosmetic attributes according to defined specifications.
• Operator will also assemble, package, and label various orthopedic medical devices following specific procedures, and operate various manual and semi-automatic packaging equipment.
• All of these operations are inspected using diverse types of measuring equipment including, but not limited to: micrometers, calipers, dial indicators, depth gages, thread gages, angle gages, bore depth gages, hex gages, plug gages, ball height gages, comparators, calibrated standards, optical / computerized gauging and inspection microscopes.
Additionally, the Sr. Packager ensures that in process quality checks are completed following established quality specifications.
• Interface with quality and other production employees to resolve problems. Ensures production requirements are met, product quality is maintained, machine maintenance schedule is adhered to, area cleaning is completed and all workplace safety rules are complied with at all times.
• Works in accordance with all requirements for manufacturing medical devices (e.g. FDA QSR, ISO 9000, ISO 13485).
• Completes necessary documentation, inspection sheets and work instructions as required by process.
• The Sr. Packager reports to the Supervisor of the Packaging Department.