Job Description :
Every day, Baxter touches the lives of millions of patients and providers worldwide who rely on our essential hospital and renal products and services. You'll find Baxter's products and therapies on nearly every floor, in almost every hospital worldwide, in clinics and in the home. Baxter's employees are building upon the company's rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care. Our commitment to our mission means we are there when patients and healthcare professionals need us, during the critical moments that matter most.
This position is a Senior Packaging Engineer position within Baxter's Global Operations Engineering Group (BGOE). With supervision, performs sustaining engineering activities on current product packaging and packaging processes with priorities based on quality and compliance, continuity of supply, and cost savings initiatives. When applicable, will support new product development teams by acting as an extended team member to provide the design, development and verification testing of new product packaging and assist the manufacturing plants in qualification of new packaging processes.
This position applies an understanding of theories/practices utilized in the field of packaging. Primary products to be supported/packaged are flexible IV solution containers ranging from 25mL to 6L in size, glass vials/bottles, and a variety of sterile and sterile fluid path disposable sets/devices.
The position will include exposure to several types of packaging materials and processes including flexible and rigid films, HDPE and foil pouches, corrugated design and protective packaging, thermoforming, flow-wrap, form/fill/seal, printing technologies and other related packaging processes.
The position will require travel to the manufacturing plants and packaging suppliers.
• Contribute to and/or lead the planning and execution of packaging projects for a variety of project types including Quality/CAPA, Regulatory Compliance, Supplier Notices of Change, Cost Savings, and New Product Introductions at various domestic and international manufacturing facilities.
• Manage projects with moderate complexity and scope and be required to effectively manage multiple projects with assistance and supervision. May work on a large scale program or several smaller projects.
• Develop protocols for testing and engage in Change Control activities interfacing with multiple functional groups, including manufacturing plants and suppliers in a team environment to execute packaging changes.
• Study and recommend materials/techniques to improve and/or cost reduce existing products/processes, investigating new sources for packaging materials.
• Create packaging material specifications, associated drawings, and packaging procedural specifications to provide the required technical information necessary to support the product/packaging configuration.
• Collaborates with cross-functional team supporting packaging projects to achieved project objectives and milestones.
• Utilize engineering tools to solve straightforward packaging problems (e.g. FMEA, Design of Experiments, A3). Qualifications :
- B.S. in Packaging or relevant Engineering degree (e.g. Mechanical, Chemical, Biomedical) with a minimum of 3 years of experience working in the field of packaging. Experience in the healthcare industry preferred.
- Must have experience or training with the ability to demonstrate proficiency in packaging materials and processes, and some exposure to problem analysis and resolution, statistical methods, and design of experiments.
- Understand the concept and associated stages of change control required to execute packaging projects.
- Successful track record of executing packaging projects possessing a sense of urgency and commitment to meet project milestones to ensure manufacturing plants and R&D teams achieve targeted goals.
Cross-functional team experience, including technical and non-technical work.
- Embrace Lean Principals and utilize concepts such as standard work to drive continuous improvement.
- Ability to organize and present technical and project management overviews with assistance.
#LI-RV2-P Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.
EEO is the Law
EEO is the law - Poster Supplement
Pay Transparency Policy Reasonable Accommodations
Baxter is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If, because of a medical condition or disability, you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or interview process, please send an email to Corporate_Staffing_Deerfield@baxter.com or call 877-229-4748 (877-BaxHR4U) and let us know the nature of your request along with your contact information.
Our employees are connected by an enduring commitment to save and sustain lives. This higher purpose binds us in doing work that matters.