Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
With little or no supervision, perform all functions within the Packaging function in accordance with established departmental operating procedures and SOP's. Be able to resolve routine problems within the areas. To provide the best possible service to both our internal and eternal customers. Incumbent may assume duties of the Supervisor in their absence.
MAJOR ACTIVITIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: Education Minimum Requirement:
- Target at 100% the accuracy level of all records required within the assigned area of the Packaging. Performs concurrent record keeping including charts, log books, and all pertinent documentation.
- Coordinate work activities with other departments.
- Provides daily work direction of the other Operators in the Packaging. Execute the weekly schedule meeting all timelines.
- Operates Packaging equipment in accordance to SOP's and safety guidelines. Performs equipment setup, operation and troubleshooting.
- Performs data entry into various computer operating systems.
- Resolves routine and non-routine problems with minimal assistance from supervisor. Assist in developing corrective and preventative actions.
- Provides reports as required by management using the computer.
- Maintains assigned work area in a clean, neat and orderly manner.
- Hazardous Waste Generation/Handler
- Places hazardous waste in satellite accumulation areas in designated containers
- Insure waste is segregated and containers are properly labeled and closed
- Cross train in other areas of Production to support IPT's.
- Must be able to understand and execute the principles of MPS, lean manufacturing and lean labs.
- Assumes responsibilities of Supervisor in their absence.
- Assists in reviewing and developing S.O.P.'s, Production Outlines, Special Outlines, etc.
- Carries out special projects, as assigned, with little or no supervision.
- Trains employees on new procedures and equipment.
- Assists in resolution of process problems by participating in NOE investigations, root cause analysis, corrective and preventative actions.
Required Experience and Skills:
- Minimum of a High School diploma or GED
Preferred Experience and Skills:
- Must have at least three years' relevant work experience in Manufacturing environment
- Must have 1 year relevant experience operating a forklift or pallet jack.
- Must have a high level of attention to detail.
- Must have the ability to lift and carry 30 lbs.
- Must demonstrate good math and computer skills including the ability to use Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Individual may sort, handle and pack materials that will become Hazardous Waste.
- Must be able to work overtime as needed to meet the work schedule and business demands.
- Ability to utilize SAP and make appropriate transactions
- Ability to undertake special projects as assigned by Supervisor
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement