Activision Blizzard has been writing video game history since 1979. Our portfolio, developed by our incredibly talented teams, includes some of the strongest franchises in all of entertainment (including Call of Duty, Destiny, Overwatch, World of Warcraft, Hearthstone and Candy Crush). Our entertainment network has more than 500 million monthly active users in over 195 countries, and we're continuing to expand our capabilities across new platforms, genres, audiences and geographies.
Through our key operating units; Activision Publishing, Blizzard Entertainment, King Digital Entertainment, Activision Blizzard Studios, Media Networks and Consumer Products, Activision Blizzard is combining video games on console, PC and mobile, together with eSports and TV & film, as we continue to be one of the most influential and successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Your Mission
The Senior Paralegal's role includes, but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Assist lawyers in the preparation and filing of documents required for formation, governance, foreign qualification, withdrawal, merger, and dissolution of corporations, limited liability companies, partnerships, and other legal entities (including coordination with local counsel for non-US entities)
- Create and maintain corporate minute books for parent company and its US and Canadian subsidiaries
- Create and maintain library of corporate governance documents and forms
- Serve as internal resource for information regarding corporate records, organizational structure, and other governance related items
- Assist in preparation of SEC filings
- Assist with D&O questionnaires, proxy materials, and annual meeting preparation and documentation
- Coordinate signatures, notarizations, and legalization of various legal documents
- Assist with administration and updating of compliance programs
- Assist with business transactions and related due diligence
- Manage routine correspondence, organization of files, and other administrative tasks
- Maintain entity org chart and circulate quarterly
- Bachelor's Degree and/or Paralegal Certificate, or equivalent experience
- 3-5 years corporate or paralegal experience preferred
- Experience in a sophisticated legal environment (at a reputable law firm or in-house position with a major corporation) also a plus
- Strong academic and professional credentials
- Outstanding written and communications skills
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work with a wide range of individuals, including senior management
- Experience with GEMS or other similar online entity management tool preferred
Activision Blizzard is headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivaled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
* The video game industry and therefore our business are fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
A little about us:
We are lucky to work in a business where imagination, creativity, and play aren't only encouraged, they're required.