One Commercial Partner (OCP) is a new organization within Microsoft that brings together all commercial partner resources into one team. OCP will modernize our partner channel thru three core functions: Build-With, Go To Market and Sell-With motions. Managed Service Providers (MSPs) are key to driving Digital Transformation across our Enterprise and Small, Medium and Corporate (SMC) customer segments.
The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as part of the OCP Organization. The PDM - MSP is a business development role that aligns to MSP segment and is accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of MSPs by business priority. The goal is to drive partner recruitment, enablement and business growth based on their strengths and priorities. The PDM - MSP will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Microsoft Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to MSP segment. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership. The PDM represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, cloud consumption and digital & datacenter transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
This role reports into the Worldwide MSP PDM Manager within OCP team organization and is focused on Azure Stack https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/overview/azure-stack/ adoption by MSPs with specific focus on Hosters & Telco’s who run their own Datacenters. With Azure Stack deployed in their datacenters (DC), MSPs can extend Azure on-premises and enable their customers to build innovative hybrid applications. As a Senior PDM your key responsibilities include: Lead partner recruitment: Identify existing and new MSPs to drive Azure Stack adoption in partner datacenters. Drive partner’s business qualification to ensure investments are made in partners that are committed and capable. Secure business plan and Joint Marketing Agreement (JMA), endorsed by partner’s leadership to accelerate Azure stack deployment and partner journey to the co-sell stage.
Ensure partner enablement:
Develop business and technical capabilities for the MSP portfolio, based on local capacity requirements and solution/practice maps. Secure and coordinate resources and develop programs to enable partner capacity growth specific to Azure Stack. Enable Azure stack adoption by MSPs thru deep technical and business collaboration. Be the SME on Azure Stack for MSPs as well as MSP PDM teams.
Drive business growth:
Accountable for the worldwide growth of the business for Azure Stack across the Top 100 MSPs managed globally or in the countries.
Drive business performance measured by:
o Azure Stack deployment and adoption among the Top 100 MSPs worldwide
o Consumption of Azure Stack services & net new customer acquisition
o Large deals for Azure stack deployment (above a threshold)
Position Requirements and Skills:
• Executive maturity: Leadership with senior executives across the partner’s organization and Microsoft internal stakeholder teams to drive relationships, business strategy and plans, and identify and mitigate risks to ultimately drive sales impact.
• Proven ability to influence for impact: communicating and networking effectively within the partner’s organization and Microsoft stakeholder teams.
• Proven drive for results: by setting clear and challenging goals and pursuing those goals with enthusiasm and passion.
• Strong cross group collaboration: drive alignment and teamwork within the partner’s and Microsoft’s teams in cross-segment and cross-function dimensions.
• Strategic thinking: structured planning and leadership with partner’s executives and Microsoft internal stakeholder teams.
• 10-15+ years of experience in partner development, sales, sales planning, business development in the technology industry.
• Worldwide scope is critical in prior roles.
• Experience with Hyperscale Cloud with a reasonable level of technical proficiency.
• Extensive experience of working with virtual teams across functions and geographies esp. field teams in country worldwide.
• Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment.
• Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills.
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
• MBA with an Engineering degree is preferred. Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer.
• 10 plus years in Sales or Partner Development or Business Development.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin, marital status, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.