The Partner Development Manager (PDM) role is key to Microsoft’s partner management strategy as part of the One Commercial Partner Organization. The PDM is a business development role that aligns to a partner segment and is accountable for driving performance of a managed portfolio of global partners by business priority. The goal is to drive partner enablement and business growth based on their strengths and priorities.
The PDM will work across Microsoft and the Partner organization to ensure business goals are aligned to partner offerings. The role will need to develop required solutions and build partner capacity by working with the managed partner portfolio through the Microsoft Build-With lifecycle, from recruit to grow, aligned to partner segment. The PDM for Managed Services Partner typically manage our top Telcos & global managed service partners. The seniority of the role evidences Microsoft’s deep commitment to the partner ecosystem to build a mutually beneficial business relationship by working closely with partner leadership.
The PDM represents Microsoft to the channel, communicates our strategy, sells our vision and brings partners along in the digital transformation journey. The outcome will be to drive long-term revenue, hybrid cloud consumption and datacenter transformation through a set of practices leading to workload/industry based co-sell.
This role reports into the Americas PDM Manager in the MSP - WW OCP team organization, managing AT&T and Verizon.
As a senior PDM your key responsibilities include:
• Lead partner recruitment: Identify existing and new partners to create a balanced portfolio aligned to business requirements. Drive partner’s business qualification to ensure investments are made in partners that are committed and capable. Secure business plan and Joint Marketing Agreement (JMA), endorsed by partner’s leadership to accelerate partner journey to the co-sell stage in many geographies.
• Ensure partner enablement: Develop business capabilities within the partner portfolio, based on local capacity requirements and solution/practice map with inputs from Channel Management teams. Secure and coordinate resources and programs to enable partner capacity growth for current and new capabilities. Drives partner sales growth Worldwide through up-sell and cross-sell.
• Drive business growth: Accountable for the worldwide growth of the business across the partner portfolio, aligned with the Channel Management & Co-sell team, inclusive of expected partner impact. Drive business performance measured by revenue (Usage & consumption), customer acquisition, apps, as well as the support global expansion.
• Executive maturity: leadership with senior executives across the global partner’s organization and global Microsoft internal stakeholder teams to drive relationships, business strategy and plans, and identify and mitigate risks to ultimately drive sales impact.
• Proven ability to influence for impact: communicating and networking effectively within the global partner’s organization and Microsoft stakeholder teams.
• Proven drive for results: by setting clear and challenging goals and pursuing those goals with enthusiasm and passion
• Strong cross group collaboration: drive alignment and teamwork within the partner’s and Microsoft’s teams in cross-segment and cross-function dimensions worldwide
• Strategic thinking: structured planning and leadership with partner’s executives and Microsoft internal stakeholder teams
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 10+ years of experience in Partner development, Sales, or Business Development
• Extensive experience in Account Management (Enterprise customers or large/top partners), partner channel development, sales, sales planning, business development in the technology industry.
• Experience with technology platforms and solutions with a reasonable level of technical proficiency
• Extensive experience of managing virtual teams across functions and geographies: Inclusive and collaborative - driving teamwork and cross-team alignment
• Strong partner relationship management and solution development skills
• Strong executive presence including communication and presentation skills with a high degree of comfort to large and small audiences.
• Problem solving mentality leveraging internal and/or external resources, conflict resolution, and follow through with partners.
• Bachelor degree required (Sales, Marketing, Business Operations); MBA desired
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.