Sr. People Partner
Location: Pleasanton, California
Posted: November 15, 2017
Reference ID: JR-23062
Join our team and experience Workday!
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing. At Workday, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications. We work hard, and we're serious about what we do. But we like to have a good time, too. In fact, we run our company with that principle in mind every day: One of our core values is fun.
Sr. People Partner
Location: Pleasanton, CA (Workday Corporate Headquarters)
Workday's mission is to build the next generation of enterprise business services-Human Capital Management, Financial Management and Payroll-and deliver those solutions in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. Our efforts to date have earned us hundreds of global customers and industry accolades, including recognition by Forrester Research as a technology leader in Human Resources Management. This success has led to high employee growth company-wide, across all functions.
This role will support business-savvy executives and their management teams, and focuses on aligning people strategies/programs to current and future business needs in areas such as talent and performance management, organization design/expansion, leadership/high potential development, recruiting, retention/morale programs, etc. This position will also be called up to provide input into and help develop a variety of company-wide programs as Workday builds out its global HR practices.
• Strategic HR Planning: Expected to gain a deep business understanding. Will align and build on the Products & Technology people strategy that supports core business priorities focused on organization effectiveness, workforce planning, talent and overall business performance.
• Talent Management: In partnership with our business aligned L&OE partners, leads talent management and succession planning strategies and processes to develop world-class executive talent.
• Culture: Aligns performance management and reward strategies to drive and reinforce a culture of high performance and innovation with and across the business groups.
• Employee Engagement: Business champion to drive and leverage employee engagement initiatives that elevate and sustain high levels of employee engagement; leads this work across the Services organization
• HR Partnership: Engagement and collaboration with the global HR team, including the HR Operations and CoE teams
Role Requirements and Preferences:
• 8+ years in HR
• 3+ years supporting one or more executives (at the top 3 levels of an organization)
• Excellent oral/written communication and listening skills; presentation skills Strong service orientation but the ability to say "no", "not now", "here's an alternative"
• Ability to quickly build relationships and credibility with leaders.
• Ability to be flexible and nimble within a changing organization. Must possess strong change management skills.
• Ability to build strong partnerships with all functions within our people organization. Must have demonstrated ability to build multi-geo relationships across multiple levels.
• Demonstrated experience in the following areas: leadership coaching and development, talent/performance management, high potential identification and development, and development of recognition/engagement programs
• Provide leadership and guidance to implement core HR policies, programs and practices necessary to drive business objectives
• Ability to partner with and coach senior level executives to deliver high performing teams; ensure that strong leadership and coaching is infused throughout their organization
• Work in partnership with our L&OE team to plan and facilitate effective organizational design which can scale to deliver business results
• Deliver a high level of service by providing appropriate influence, guidance and assistance to address a variety of employee related issues
• Serious but fun approach to your work
• Executive presence
• Ability to influence, especially at the executive level, and via remote relationships
• Irreproachable integrity
• Strategic mindset with the willingness to be hands-on
• Strong work ethic; bias toward action, implementation and speed
• Strong business acumen to see "big picture strategies"
• (prefer) Experience supporting technology/development leaders
• (prefer) Experience working with a global employee base
• (prefer) Experience working with SAAS providers and/or in the software development industry