Sr. Performance Engineer
Posted: May 21, 2016
Reference ID: 16000KDM
PAE (Performance Application Engineering) is a central performance team in system group covering both vertical and horizontal scalable system performance. The overall group is to focus performance work on Oracle strategic product directions and build highly scalable data processing systems. Current work elaborately concentrates in Oracle SuperCluster, Oracle Database, Fusion Middleware on Sparc platform, and targeted HW platform performance.
Performance work normally can be classified into 4 iterative phases:
Product overall architecture design
Performance characterization with proof of concept code being developed
Performance improvement with Prototype code validation
Our team's responsibility covers all 4 phases.
Successful candidate should be innovative and flexible about translating high-level, ambiguous business goals to specific tasks. You should be comfortable taking initiative and working in a fast paced environment with various product dev teams within Oracle.
Performance work on one or more Oracle components integrated with System Group hardware:
Big Data Analytics
Cloud - covering both PaaS and IaaS multi-tenant performance
Web-tier especially in security
Enterprise & Java application
Virtualization including OVM/Xen, KZ, and LDOMs
Workload/benchmark characterization and development
Best practice and reference architecture
Deep-Dive performance analysis with innovative thinking
Coordinate and follow through any proposed implementation and testing with related product teams
Competitive performance analysis
With this opening, we are targeting to hire a performance engineer to lead network performance projects in system infrastructure sub-team.
- MS degree (or higher) in computer science or electrical engineering with 10 years of working experience
- 3 years of track record in leading network and network security product SW development and/or performance related work
- Knowledge in end-to-end networking performance monitoring is a must
- Knowledge in virtualization, clouds, Software-Defined Networking (SDN), and NFV is a must
- Knowledge in Infiniband technology and/or low latency interconnect solution is highly desirable
- Experience with Solaris system code and other UNIX distributions is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and the ability to learn quickly
- Strong analytical/problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently and drive project deliveries as a team lead
Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will take an active role in the definition and evolution of standard practices and procedures. You will be responsible for defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, designing and debugging of software applications or operating systems.
Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 7 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.