At 3M, we apply science in collaborative ways to improve lives daily. With $30 billion in sales, our 90,000 employees connect with customers all around the world.
3M has a long-standing reputation as a company committed to innovation. We provide the freedom to explore and encourage curiosity and creativity. We gain new insight from diverse thinking, and take risks on new ideas.
Here, you can apply your talent in bold ways that matter.Job Description:3M is seeking a Senior Pharmaceutical Application Engineer for the Separation and Purification Sciences Division (SPSD) located in Northern California (San Francisco, San Jose, or Sacramento, CA). Here, you go.Job Summary:
3M Separation and Purification Sciences Division is a leader in the design, manufacture, and marketing of a comprehensive line of products for the separation, clarification, and purification of fluids and gases covering a range of markets. Products and applications specific for our Biopharmaceutical Purification business are designed to address critical needs in the processing and purification of pharmaceuticals including recombinant proteins and other biological targets.
The person hired for the position of Senior Pharmaceutical Application Engineer
will work in the Biopharmaceutical Purification business to drive growth through collaborations with customers and external industry experts to implement manufacturing purification solutions based on the innovative integration of multiple differentiated 3M product platforms. This process innovation centric position provides the opportunity to gain experience working directly on a diverse range of cutting edge and platform pharmaceutical development and manufacturing systems. This person will have the opportunity to harness insights from the industry and specific customer processes and apply engineering principles to develop and replicate high impact applications. Additionally, this person will be provided the opportunity to become a leader within the industry by engaging with industry organizations, publishing collaborative technical papers and presenting the results of innovative technical studies at international conferences.
This front-end customer facing position will provide many opportunities for career success, with options to grow broadly by working across business, functions and geographies.Primary Responsibilities
include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with pharmaceutical manufacturing customers throughout the United States to champion, demonstrate and implement 3M Biopharmaceutical Purification solutions by applying a strong engineering knowledge.
- Develop new applications by understanding customer manufacturing processes and pharmaceutical product requirements then formulate and demonstrate innovative purification processes through a combination of field and 3M laboratory studies.
- Position himself/herself as a technical expert capable of influencing the industry leaders and establishing new paradigms for the production scale purification of pharmaceuticals. Establish a track record of conference presentations and technical publications.
- Prepare technical reports documenting work performed. Present results, conclusions and recommendations to customers and 3M personnel as needed.
- Participate in the development and delivery of product, market and application training content for customers, sales and laboratory personnel.
- Actively participate on global new product commercialization teams by engaging directly with customers to quantify and validate product valu propositions and implementing customer specific product launch plans; work with development teams to identify requirements for future products and applications.
- This position requires extensive engagement with customers in their facilities and periodic travel on short notice, as the need arises.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in a science or engineering discipline from an accredited university
- Minimum of four (4) years of combined experience in biotechnology, bioprocessing, process engineering/manufacturing and/or pharmaceutical gained in an academic and/or industrial environment
- Ph.D. in Chemical Engineering, Biochemical Engineering, Bioengineering or related discipline from an accredited university
- Strong background in biopharmaceutical processing such as monoclonal antibody, recombinant protein or vaccine expression, purification and/or production as demonstrated through a track record of technical publications
- Minimum of two (2) years of combined pharmaceutical, biotechnology and/or bioprocessing experience gained in an industrial environment
- Experience with Design of Experiments (DOE) and/or Statistical Analysis
- Demonstrated leadership skills and the ability to influence people and organizations at multiple levels
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Ability to work independently to complete projects, as well as, work with cross-functional teams
- Microsoft Office proficient
San Francisco, San Jose, or Sacramento, CATravel:
May include up to 50% domestic/internationalRelocation:
Must be legally authorized to work in country of employment without sponsorship for employment visa status (e.g., H1B status).
Learn more about 3M's creative solutions to the world's problems at www.3M.com or on Twitter @3M or @3MNewsroom.
Please access the linked document by clicking here , select the country where you are applying for employment, and review. Before submitting your application you will be asked to confirm your agreement with the terms.
Innovation is a way of life at 3M. We solve problems by applying creativity, team work and ingenuity to improve life for millions of people worldwide.