Sr Planner – PCL Capacity
The Senior Planner – PCL Capacity will execute the UASCC network strategy for the Personal Care Liquids (PCL) Network as well as function as the Capacity Manager. This includes the Hair (Wash and Care), Personal Wash Liquids, and Lotion volume for North America. The position objective is to act as the owner of the PCL network and assist the Supply Planners as they manage the conversion of the demand planning signal into the production plan. The position must act as an unbiased manager of capacity across the three categories of PCL, always taking into account the best usage of the network in order to return the most value to the business and shareholders. Cost optimization and network capacity management (short and long term) are key ongoing priorities. The key metrics are (1) Customer Service Performance (2) Inventory levels (3) Utilization of factory capacity and (4) Gross Margin.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Owner of Tactical Capacity for PCL Network including line loading, recommendations for overflowing volume, and cost effective network management.
- Strong relationship with production facilities, both Unilever and Contract Manufacturing
- Deep understanding of their capabilities and metrics
- Constant communication
- Support Strategic Capacity
- Provide Long Term Capacity Planning (LTCP) volumes
- Recommend sourcing options to support NA needs
- Recommend both in-house and co-packing qualification needs
- Recommend CapEx requirements if necessary
- Provide necessary capacity and output information to Warehousing, Logistics, and Procurement in order for those groups to perform capacity reviews
- Owner of Capacity Request Process
- Receive Cap Reqs from the business
- Review and confirm ability to support request with available network capacity
- Review and confirm ability to support component and raw material needs of the request with NPO
- Provide Cost vs Cash trade-offs of decisions
- Escalate to PCL Manager if requests require trade-offs that will impact profit delivery/customer service for any PCL Category
- Modeling of overall network capacity to guide both GtM and Strategic Planning on capacity needs utilizing statistical analysis and Access (or similar database)
- Lead PCL Run Strategy (RS) each month
- Provide timely direction to Planners for RS preparation
- Coordinate all RS logistics
- Lead discussion in the meetings
- Ensure notes and actions are captured and completed
- Review and manage innovation capacity needs and implications on the PCL network
- Lead Responsiveness agenda for the PCL Network in conjunction with Strategic Planning
- Recommend actions needed to increase Responsiveness
- Understand cost implications of Responsiveness
- Supporting and driving planning improvement toward PPW70 (70% of Portfolio Produced Weekly)
- Bachelor’s Degree (Business, Logistics, Operations Planning, Engineering preferred)
- 3-5 years’ experience in supply chain planning (factory, demand or capacity)
- APICS a plus or progress towards certification, preferred
- Proficiency in PC based software tools (Microsoft Office Suite), SAP, APO (preferred), Access Database (or similar)
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law .
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.
A little about us:
With more than 400 brands focused on health and wellbeing, no company touches so many people’s lives in so many different ways.