Grainger is a global leading broad line supplier of facilities maintenance products serving businesses and institutions. Our 18,000 employees are driven to serve customers and the community in exceptional ways focusing on delivering the highest level of service. The Grainger team works closely with customers to better understand their challenges and provide cost-saving solutions. Grainger's employees serve customers more than 115,000 times every day through multiple channels. As part of a high-performing team, you'll be able to develop your talents, and make a difference. Grainger is a Fortune 500company and a perennial member of Fortune magazine's Most Admired Companies list.
• Develop inventory strategies for integrating new and existing acquisitions.
• Communicate and work with supply chain partners on key processes that are required in integrating other businesses.
• Perform gap analysis; identify root causes, recommend and implement supply chain planning enhancements.
• Collaborates with other analysts and management team to design, develop and perform analysis on supply chain KPIs.
• Lead project and/or process work streams aimed at developing creative solutions and make recommendations to
improve inventory performance balancing business objectives.
• Develop and conduct ad hoc analysis (as needed) in pursuit of root-cause understanding of various challenges and
issues presented to the business related to inventory support.
• Make recommendations for optimal inventory strategies.
• Review and analyze planning data to prepare reports for management and cross functional partner review.
• Partner with Inventory Systems team to ensure integration related system
• Build and maintain relationships with supply chain partners (DC leadership, Network Design, Space Planning,
Transportation and Supplier Performance Management) to develop building-specific strategies, identify constraints, and
recommend and execute solutions to meet performance metric goals and long-term supply chain objectives.
• Review and analyze planning data. Create/prepare reports for leadership review and performance communication to
business partners as appropriate.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Supply Chain, Business or related field.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in analysis with an emphasis in logistics and/or forecasting/planning.
• Knowledge of inventory management practices and definitions, such as safety stock, EOQ, carrying cost, etc.
• Demonstrated analytical skills.
• Demonstrated relationship building, communication and multitasking skills.
• Ability to find creative solutions to problems, identify trends and process improvement opportunities.
• Understanding of key financial and customer service metrics.
• Basic knowledge of ERP and MRP (SAP preferred).
• Understanding of basic statistics as standard deviation, mode, median, normality, etc.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office functionality (Word, Excel, Access dB, PowerPoint) expected
• SPSS proficiency is a plus.
• Familiarity with Continuous Improvement concepts and methodologies.
• Any APICS certification is a plus.
Grainger is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Grainger helps customers save time and money by providing them the right products to keep their facilities up and running.