Artificial Intelligence (AI) is at the heart of the next wave of digital transformation, sweeping through every business and every industry on the planet. At Microsoft, we have over 25 years of AI research integrated into products that are used by people all over the world and are at the forefront of AI innovation in the industry. We recently created a new strategic Business AI group within our Artificial Intelligence + Research (AI+R) organization to accelerate our pace of AI innovation and create differentiated value for businesses across industries. Building upon the Bing Predicts brand, the Market Intelligence? Solutions team within the Business AI group is at the forefront of building paradigm changing AI solutions using our cutting edge AI technologies and unique data assets.
We are looking for the best and brightest PM talent to join our team to help us lead the next generation of AI solutions at Microsoft. The ideal candidate would be one with clear customer focus, comfortable with ambiguity working in a start-up? mindset, loves solving big business and technology challenges alike, astute at defining product and business strategy, and great at collaborating with internal and external partners.
Key Job Requirements:
• Vision, Strategy & Planning: Define Multi-Year Product Vision/Strategy for the solution including target industries, target customers, partner strategy, and overall business model.
• Author strategy memos and longer-term solution roadmap to create a shared understanding of the vision/strategy amongst all key internal stakeholders.
• Solution Roadmap: Define E2E multi-release solution roadmap (including concept value tests, MVPs, PoCs, V1s) in collaboration with internal stakeholders across roles/organizations.
• Define the why and the what needs to be built rooted in customer pains/gains and justified via strong quantifiable and defendable business/customer opportunity grounded in rigorous research of target customers and their jobs to be done.
• Business & GTM Planning: Lead GTM for solution in collaboration with internal stakeholders across marketing, sales, consulting services, finance, legal, privacy and compliance, solution support etc.
• Spanning: Market opportunity assessment, Market entry strategy formulation, Solution positioning & value proposition, Customer segmentation, Marketing & Sales strategy, Customer acquisition strategy, Business and Financial Modeling, Business/Revenue model definition, Pricing and Licensing terms, PR/Communication plan, Financial processes, Business development - input to gives & gets deal framework, T&C definitions etc. solution deployment and post-deployment support procedures, post deployment customer/consumer feedback loop for future solution iterations.
• Customer & Partner Engagement: During solution design, orchestrate engagement with ISV- and other 3rd party solution partners. Pre-sales, engage with customers and partners to evangelize the solution, help close deals, and on business management including: pre-sales pipeline management, forecasting, agreements & contracting, pricing, functional requirements, tools requirements, business performance requirements. Post-sales (including Trial phase) drive external customer and partner engagements including: orchestration, business value demonstration, functional roadmaps, metrics alignment, stakeholder reviews etc.
• Solution Metrics & Data Analysis: Define key solution, business and customer KPIs & metrics; set ambitious goals and targets to track as min-bar for customer and solution success. Proactively monitor customer feedback on areas failing to meet bar and revise/refine solution plans/ strategy to improve quality.
• Partner with Data Science/Economics to track performance.
• Solution Lifecycle Management: Ensure timely completion of stage-specific Product/Business deliverables as well as, in partnership with Design and TPM, UX and Ethics deliverables as outlined in the Solution Lifecycle framework.
• Partner with TPM on tracking execution against all stage-specific exit criteria.
• Partner with TPM and other functional stakeholders on preparing for and conducting monthly business reviews.
• Solution Advocacy: Represent solutions at appropriate internal and external forums (e.g. industry talks/conferences etc.) to create a sustained share of voice and share of mind with the appropriate target customers and industry partners/ISVs etc.
• Stakeholder Management: Reviews solution roadmap/plans etc. with various internal and external stakeholders across all appropriate levels.
• Pitches new ideas with the aim of delighting customer and moving the solution space one step ahead of the competition and secures appropriate funding for new initiatives.
• BS in Computer Science or Statistics or Economics
• 8+ years of demonstrable Product Management/Program Management experience successfully shipping enterprise and consumer technology products.
• 3+ years of product management experience in a senior role with responsibility of defining product strategy and GTM.
• Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills.
• Superior communications skills, both verbal and written.
• Possess good business sense for where value is created and how to capture it.
• Experience with interactions (including senior level) with business/enterprise customers.
• Some knowledge of how Microsoft’s field, marketing and other core disciplines would be helpful for collaborating with others.
• Business degree with a strong curiosity for new technology areas, is an added bonus.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.
A little about us:
Microsoft offers training and employment opportunities to help you turn your military experience and skills into a civilian technology career.