Schneider Electric™ creates connected technologies that reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives. Our 144,000 employees thrive in more than 100 countries. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Help us deliver solutions that ensure Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment: https://youtu.be/NlLJMv1Y7Hk .
Great people make Schneider Electric a great company.
The successful candidate will join a team of peers dedicated to the design and implementation of automation solutions involving power generation and distribution equipment. Typical applications include stand-by power systems, microgrid (islanded) operation, renewable energy integration, load preservation systems, and cogen applications. Sales support on quotations and proposals for highly complex projects is also to be provided as required to the department sales team.
The candidate will be instrumental in the development of technical controls standards, providing design reviews of complex projects and custom control enclosures. The candidate will provide power system design support to consultants on projects involving controls integration, and will also assist in the development of standardized generator control system solutions as required.
What do you get to do in this position?
· Design, integrate and commission complex power system automation projects based on company standards and accepted engineering practices.
· Assist in the development and implementation of training programs for engineers and technicians, on the subject matter pertinent to the design and commissioning of energy management and backup power systems.
· Provide technical support to sales and solution engineers in the review of customer specifications and drawings and provide technical assistance in the development of quotations and proposals.
· Participate in job walks and / or conference meetings with the assigned project engineer to provide mentoring and ensure a proper engineering solution is designed.
· Develop proposal documentation that can be used to support the marketing effort for both standard and custom control solutions.
· Provide consulting support for large projects, which would include the review of both low and medium voltage switchgear arrangements and the associated control components.
· Provide a quality review of designated controls projects at both the “Approval” and “Pre-Manufacturing” stage.
· Interpret and apply applicable industry standards such as NEC, UL, ISO, IEEE, and other requirements as needed.
· Identify cost reduction opportunities for projects.
· Participate in the development of project standards as applicable to power system reliability and backup power systems.
This job might be for you if:
BSEE or equivalent, PE licensure a plus.
• 5 - 10 Years of experience in engineering and commissioning power distribution control systems.
• 2 - 5 Years of experience specific to designing and implementing Generator Control applications. (e.g. parallel operation, peak shaving, load preservation, base loading,)
• Expert in the programming of PLCs, with preferable experience in IEC 61131-3 compliant programming software such as Modicon Unity or Concept. Experience with other PLC brands a plus.
• Experience with IEC 61850 compliant substation automation applications including IED configuration, MMS and GOOSE messaging is desirable.
• Familiar with both low and medium voltage switchgear construction and operation. Experience designing protective relaying applications and relay based control logic is desirable.
• Strong background in the design of power distribution control solutions and emergency power systems.
• Good communication skills, ability to work effectively in a group setting, team oriented, self-motivated, and results driven.
Anticipated 25% domestic travel with occasional international opportunities.
We seek out and reward people for being straightforward, open, passionate, effective and challenging the status quo. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of the communities in which we operate. We welcome people as they are, creating an inclusive culture where all forms of diversity are seen as a real value for the company. We're looking for people with a passion for success - on the job and beyond. See what our people have to say about working for Schneider Electric: https://youtu.be/6D2Av1uUrzY .
Let us learn about you! Apply today.
You must submit an online application to be considered for any position with us. This position will be posted until filled.
It is the policy of Schneider Electric to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities in the areas of recruiting, hiring, training, transferring, and promoting all qualified individuals regardless of race, religion, color, gender, disability, national origin, ancestry, age, military status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other legally protected characteristic or conduct.
Concerning agencies: Schneider Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes and will not be responsible for fees related to such.
Schneider Electric is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.
A little about us:
We’re the global specialist in energy management and automation. Our technologies ensure that Life Is On everywhere, for everyone and at every moment.