About the Opportunity
Pitney Bowes Software is currently seeking a Solution Engineer to join our Presales organization
Pitney Bowes provides technology solutions for small, mid-size and large firms that help them connect with customers to build loyalty and grow revenue. This position will sit in our Pitney Bowes Software business unit, which provides global software solutions, data, and services to help you identify high valued customers, and precisely locate these customers all around the world. These insights will allow you to increase your competitive advantages, enhancing your decision-making abilities through an array of offerings in Location Intelligence.Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
The mission of our Presales team is to show customers the value they will achieve through our solutions, and to advance sales opportunities. This position will assist with sales opportunities for products and solutions within our Customer Information Management lines of business. This position may work remotely out of a home office, or out of a local Pitney Bowes Software office if applicable. You will be responsible for:
•\tProvide deal execution support through subject matter expertise in PB Software solutions.
•\tActive participation in opportunity discovery and sales strategy sessions.
•\tAnalyze stakeholders, identify and recognize prospect traits and determine how to effectively influence their decision.
•\tBuild and perform prospect relevant presentations and solution demonstrations, delivered in-person and remotely.
•\tActive participation in scoping and executing client Proofs of Concept (POCs).
•\tSupport demand generation efforts and provide staffing for marketing events.
•\tActive participation in after sale transition to consulting services.
•\tContribute to written proposals and RFP responses.
•\tStay current on industry / technical trends, developments. Qualifications
•\t5-10+ years of experience in enterprise software Presales.
•\tMust be highly organized, with attention to detail.
•\tMust have effective decision making abilities.
•\tMust have excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
•\tEffective time management, multitasking and prioritization skills a must.
•\tUp to 70% travel required.
Preferred Qualifications:Spatial Analytics
- Geocoding - forward and reverse geocoding, US and international
- Routing - performing driving and/or pedestrian routing for analytical purposes (e.g. logistics, scheduling, optimization)
- Coordinate Geometry - point in polygon, distance, buffer, etc.
- Lifestyle Segmentation - CAMEO, MOSAIC, PSYTE, etc.
- Industry Specific - insurance risk, weather (flood, fire, wind, earthquake), business locations, etc.
- Desktop Mapping - MapInfo Pro, QGIS, Esri ArcGIS
Additional experience in:
- Proven record of accomplishment of sales success in a Presales role.
- Understanding of Web-based application architectures and Mapping domain expertise preferred.
- Installation and scripting experience with common platforms / languages.
- Experience and strong desire to work in a dynamic, responsive, fast-paced sales organization.
- Comfort and confidence interacting with customers and delivering formal presentations, to management and executive, C-level audiences.
- Ability to rapidly assimilate and distill complex information.
- Ability to demonstrate the value of a solution (not demonstrate functionality) to advance the sale.
- Ability to build a strong working relationship and credibility with both the prospect and the PB Software opportunity team.
- Strong sense of teamwork, integrity, self-motivation and positive attitude.
- Strong problem solving skills.
Our Software team powers global commerce, processing billions of transactions every year. Our Software technology and solutions help businesses operate faster and more efficiently. How? By identifying trusted data and insights to create targeted, effective messaging, by providing accurate geographic data to make smarter business decisions, and by delivering relevant and engaging interactions across the customer lifecycle to drive increased satisfaction.
Pitney Bowes is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer that values diversity and inclusiveness in the workplace.W/M/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/LGBT are encouraged to apply
Iinterested individuals must apply online. Individuals with disabilities who cannot apply via our online application should refer to the alternate application options via our Individuals with Disabilities link.